Carter

zambam

Reaction score
For those who were wondering where he has been, announcer just said he was in coverage. This time I know I'm just not seeing it. Lol.

He was on the field quite a bit today - mostly in clear passing situations - and looked good (along with everyone on d).

The secondary all looked very good today; so proud to see these guys end the season on this note!

Carter has looked good the past couple weeks. I hope he has a bit of a wake up call and keeps playing well (and keeping his nose clean), because a motivated and focused Michael Carter would help us a ton next season.

If Carter is playing and playing up to his ability, along with Stoudermire (in his 5th season), Vereen and Wells....our CBs all of a sudden don't look as suspect as they might have.

Carter has looked good the past couple weeks. I hope he has a bit of a wake up call and keeps playing well (and keeping his nose clean), because a motivated and focused Michael Carter would help us a ton next season.

If Carter is playing and playing up to his ability, along with Stoudermire (in his 5th season), Vereen and Wells....our CBs all of a sudden don't look as suspect as they might have.

+1 ... I just hope we have someone to replace Royston

Yeah, replacing Royston is going to be the really hard thing to do. It'll also be hard to replace Henderson's intensity, but a healthy Stoudermire should be able to do that (and more), but replacing Royston is going to be the tough part.

I think Haviland and Bathazar will both be in the mix.

I thought Haviland was a senior, couldve swore I saw him get announced yesterday. We have 2 saftey spots up for grabs and that is a big concern. I am hoping Manuel takes the lead for one of them.

Agree with you Bob, Carter looked good and IF he can get his head on straight for his senior season and IF Troy can get a 5th year, we will be pretty solid at CB.

Haviland

I thought Haviland was a senior, couldve swore I saw him get announced yesterday. We have 2 saftey spots up for grabs and that is a big concern. I am hoping Manuel takes the lead for one of them.

Agree with you Bob, Carter looked good and IF he can get his head on straight for his senior season and IF Troy can get a 5th year, we will be pretty solid at CB.

Haviland was a walk-on freshman in 2009 and is a sophmore this year. You might be thinking of Kyle Henderson who is listed as a junior but I believe is actually a senior.

Yeah, replacing Royston is going to be the really hard thing to do. It'll also be hard to replace Henderson's intensity, but a healthy Stoudermire should be able to do that (and more), but replacing Royston is going to be the tough part.

I think Haviland and Bathazar will both be in the mix.

Cedric Thompson may be the answer.

Tweet by Carter last night.

"S/O to all the seniors for a great win... next year i will be a senior i love this University even though i had ups and downs so next year"

"S/O to all the seniors for a great win... next year i will be a senior i love this University even though i had ups and downs so next year"

Good to hear! I hope he's out of Kills doghouse and got whatever was keeping him out figured out. I still think he has potential. Anyone know the skinny on him - is he better in man or zone coverage? It would nice to be able to put Troy (hopefully) and MC on an island and let the rest of the D do their thing.

That is huge if he can live up to his potential. If Stoudermire can get a 5th year, I'm very optimistic for our defensive backs.

The tweet was too big for the alotted character space so it was actually: "S/O to all the seniors for a great win... next year i will be a senior i love this University even though i had ups and downs so next year we have to bring it every snap, every play, every minute.... LETS GO #GOPHERS"

An engaged Carter playing up to his potential and the return of Stoudemire would do wonders for next season. I'd argue the occurrence (or non-occurrence) of those two events could swing us +/- 2 wins either way.

Top Bottom