Carter Coughlin would trade his first career sack against Tom Brady for a win

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Giants.com:

Carter Coughlin played only four defensive snaps in the Giants' loss Monday night to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. One of them he'll never forget.

On the second play of the fourth quarter, Coughlin recorded the first tackle of his career – and it happened to be eight-yard sack of perhaps the greatest quarterback in NFL history, Tom Brady – who, at 43, is 20 years younger than the rookie linebacker.

"I didn't say anything to him after the sack," Coughlin said today. "The moment it happened, I was like, 'Wow, I can't believe that just happened.' It was kind of like a little blackout moment. I only got to think like that for three seconds and then it was back to 'we need to go win this game' and stuff like that. But I didn't say anything to him."

Coughlin couldn't grab the ball from Brady's hands or wrestle the helmet off his head. But he did find a way to preserve the memory of the first signature moment of his career.

"Keep my jersey and sign it," Coughlin said. "It's definitely a cool memory. Definitely something I'll remember forever."

Go Gophers!!

I just perused an article about all the rookie Giants players. It would be nice to see them develop and become a force. With Carter being the leader, of course.

Top Bottom