Carrier Classic

AuEGO4

Goldy is my Home Boy
Reaction score
With all the negative news in the sports world lately, I hope everyone can take some time and watch the Carrier Classic Friday night at 7:00 on ESPN. This is a game that isn't about the teams, or the coaches. This game is about everyone who serves or has served this great country that allows us all to say whatever we want on these message boards about whomever we want. Living in San Diego I have been following the progress of this event and the more I learn and see the more excited I get. College Basketball on the flight deck of a nuclear aircraft carrier is a pretty awesome idea. So take some time on 11-11-11, honor the troops, and check out what is sure to be an amazing event in college basketball. Happy Birthday Marines and Happy Veteran's Day everyone.

Thanks for the reminder. We have it pretty da*n good in this country.

This is a great way to officially kick off the college basketball season. Would be really cool to be at this game. Diggin' Sparty's camouflage unis.

What if its windy? First wind excuse ever for the loser?

Izzo said he talked with Dantonio who told him "defer the tip off and take the wind". Its only supposed to be 5-10 mph out of the south, 68 degrees and partly cloudy. The way the court is set up it won't be a cross wind.

The Carrier Classic is the stupidest idea in the history of college sports.

Ski U Master doesn't like Freedom. Maybe he will change his mind when he sees all of the wounded Marines watching the game missing limbs, but having smiles on their faces enjoying the "stupidest idea in college sports history." Some people just don't get it, and thats ok because the soldiers, marines, and sailors don't do what they do for other people to understand. They do what they do for what they believe in. Honor, Courage, and Commitment.

I should know this, but is this 'game' considered an exhibition?

So is the court covered? I mean last weekend it rained for the Packer / Charger game.

The court is not covered. There is no rain in the forecast. If it were to rain the game would be held in the hanger bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The Carrier Classic is the stupidest idea in the history of college sports.

Yea, really sucks that we tip our hats to the military on Veteran's Day by letting them host a basketball game. /sarcasm off

Happy B-day to all my fellow Leathernecks out there and thank you to all service members for the sacrifices you've made.

Does anyone really think this isn't about viewership and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

I think it is a great idea to honor our Military this way.

It's too bad some curmudgeons have to bitch about everything.

Does anyone really think this isn't about viewership and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

Yes, it's effective marketing. Tying Vets Day / Aircraft Carrier with college BB. Just like many products being sold today, using the military theme can be effective.

Top Bottom