Carmoudy

jamiche

Reaction score
He consistently does the most with the least. His teams are difficult to play every year. If he ever found more than one or two good players he would win the B10 and go far in the NCAA tourney. His 1-3-1 defense cut off all of the passing lanes and it looked like the gophers were playing five on seven on offense. The gophers were outplayed and outcoached on Sunday. Carmoudy probably isn't a great recruiter but his coaching strategies are terrific.

He consistently does the most with the least. His teams are difficult to play every year. If he ever found more than one or two good players he would win the B10 and go far in the NCAA tourney. His 1-3-1 defense cut off all of the passing lanes and it looked like the gophers were playing five on seven on offense. The gophers were outplayed and outcoached on Sunday. Carmoudy probably isn't a great recruiter but his coaching strategies are terrific.

Bill Carmody recruits good players for HIS system that can meet academic requirements of NWU (or Princeton before). He's an excellent coach. He has good talent at NWU this season (finally).

Bill Carmody's Northwestern teams remind me of the kind of team you normally see in international ball. They run a rugged 1-3-1, then have sufficient shooters and cutters to disect the opponents 1-3-1.

It's funny. A friend and I were talking the other day and he asked me "when do you think Bill Carmody will finally be fired?"

I said something like "not after this season"

I was almost taken back by my answer, because looking at his career, he "should" have been fired a long time ago. His best B-10 finish is 8-8 in the 03-04 season, and last year NU went 1-17. I just feel like he's getting something started in Chicago. He has a nice squad this season and they all buy into his system. Like Jammer said, his teams are hard to play every season and always give me an uneasy feeling. It may be a boring style of play, but I truly believe that his teams can beat anyone at any time, if their opponent comes ill prepared.

Top Bottom