Can You Make An Case for a Gophers Win Today?

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
I sure can't...

I can't see the Gophers defending Battle and the three point shot.

I can't see Hoffarber, Westbrook or Joseph making three's in a road game.

I can't see Carter or Johnson doing enough to compliment Sampson inside.

Can't anybody make a realistic case for a Gophers win today?

I can't see it!

I hope I'm proven wrong, but it sure seems like we're gonna give PSU their first and only win in conference play. Not exactly a NIT resume buildier...:-(

Of course the Gophers can win. It will be tough with all the distractions going on around the program, but when it comes down to it Penn State is a winless team in the B10 and Tubby should be able to find a way to beat them

Gophers win this. The place will be half empty (nobody cares about them and they are digging out after a foot of snow)...like playing at a neutral site...Blake gets hot and Gophs win...

I sure can't...

I can't see it!

I hope I'm proven wrong, but it sure seems like we're gonna give PSU their first and only win in conference play. Not exactly a NIT resume buildier...:-(

Penn State is 0-10 in the Big 10. Can I make a case? 100s of them. Congratulations on the dumbest post in the history of Gopher Hole.

If you really think the Gophers have no chance, I suggest putting some money down on it - Vegas has the Gophers favored by 4 points.

(complement vs. compliment.. while Carter or Johnson helping to make the inside game complete with Sampson would be great, having Paul or DJ walk up to Ralph and say, 'hey, nice moves dude' does very little for us in this game)

I sure can't...

I can't see it!

According to m2s/ml/jon/Ben... Gophers are in the toilet and have no chance today.

Chris Babb is the key guy.

Battle will get his 20 pts. We can't let Babb hit 4-5 threes and get 15-18 points. We all know that 3pt D is the weak link on this team defensively and Babb is the guy that will either win or lose the game today.

Colt is due for a game like he had on the west coast. Maybe Allen will play and shut down Battle. Wishfull thinking" Yes, but it would be a good story and with the way this year has unfolded anything could happen next.

Go Gophers

I sure can't...

I can't see it!

Leave and never come back

What say you Moses? Gophers led comfortably for most of the game.

Lets just keep this in perspective. Im glad we won, no question however, We beat the worst team in the big ten on a last second shot. I don't think we ever had more than a 6-8 point lead in the second half, we gave it away at the end, and hit a miracle shot to win. It is a win but not a good one. We would have lost to every other team in the big 10 except maybe Iowa today. This is similar to Obamba rejoicing about the jobless rate reaching 9.7% down from 10.1% when 20K more people were out of work and more people quit looking for jobs thus were not counted. Keep it in perspective. At least we won.

Lets just keep this in perspective. Im glad we won, no question however, We beat the worst team in the big ten on a last second shot. I don't think we ever had more than a 6-8 point lead in the second half, we gave it away at the end, and hit a miracle shot to win. It is a win but not a good one. We would have lost to every other team in the big 10 except maybe Iowa today. This is similar to Obamba rejoicing about the jobless rate reaching 9.7% down from 10.1% when 20K more people were out of work and more people quit looking for jobs thus were not counted. Keep it in perspective. At least we won.

Good point, this has been a re-occuring theme for the Gophers throughout the entire season...Get a nice lead...Sandbag for the rest of the game...end up winning in the last minute...I think the offense has to keep it going to ensure a victory.

Hoffarber is about the only thing that saved us...I noticed Westbrook and Joseph were a combined 0 for 8 from 3 point range.

Battle got 20 pts...Carter was a non-factor...

and they nearly blew a huge lead again...This team has no killer instinct.

Its nice to finally win a close game, but how did they blow a 10 point lead late again? I have no clue as I was out last nite.(I'm in Europe so the time difference).

Hoffarber is about the only thing that saved us...I noticed Westbrook and Joseph were a combined 0 for 8 from 3 point range.

Battle got 20 pts...Carter was a non-factor...

and they nearly blew a huge lead again...This team has no killer instinct.

Its nice to finally win a close game, but how did they blow a 10 point lead late again? I have no clue as I was out last nite.(I'm in Europe so the time difference).

So let me get this straight: You open the thread by saying you can't make a case for the Gophers winning. And then when they do win, you go on to state all the negatives that happened. In other words, you were wrong, but are trying to cover it by saying you were almost right. Okay. Got it.

Top Bottom