Can we try to get the ball to Coffey in the post more?

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Earlier this season, they seemed to take advantage of mismatches with him and let him post up. It seems especially effective when you have Murphy and Curry as the "bigs" to spread the floor a bit.

He is often times guarded by someone 6'4ish. I like his chances on the block against them, and if doubled he is an adept enough passer that he can find the open man for an easy look.

I definitely am not saying that he needs to play inside all the time but if his length creates mismatches they need to be exploited.

I've been wondering the same thing (why hasn't Pitino tried to get him isos on the block after some early success - especially when the offense is getting stagnant and they need a bucket). Of course the coach needs to see the right match ups, but 100% if it's there, they need to utilize it.

It is because they like his slashing ability and a lot of the times they have Murphy taking up that space you suggested. It would be cool to have four Coffeys on your team and a Lynch. :)

Depends on who is guarding him. Even though he is 6'8..he at times around the basket he tends to play smaller. In time I think they will try to exploit this...but his slashing and away from the rim play is more important to this team.

I also noticed that we never posted up MacPherson when Hurt was being guarded by him. The size difference was obvious, but our guards don't seem to be able to seal their defender and post them up. I'd like to see them take advantage of those mismatches.

That being said...we just won two B1G games on the road so I am not complaining.

I'm really not complaining about the team. When your squad is winning, you nitpick a bit

Top Bottom