Can we get an offense like Oregon?

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Man these guys are fun to watch. Turn away for a minute you might miss two touchdowns.

I'd take the offense if we're allowed to leave behind everything else about that program.

One of my worst fears, besides staying at the level we've been at recently, is that we're heading in the same direction as Oregon. Obviously, I'd like their success, but when I look at them in their absurd jerseys and their shiny pro-grade facilities, I think 'Nike' before 'University of Oregon'. They're fast becoming one of my least favorite teams (and I always liked them as a kid, and have a relative who teaches there.)

I was thinking the same thing ("that team looks unstoppable!") a couple weeks ago when Martinez and Nebraska were were lighting up the scoreboard. Oregon does look awesome tonight.

Ohio State shut them down in the Rose Bowl last year.
They have not (and will not) play a defense that is even above average until the Bowl Season. If they make the national title game, it will be really tough to pick a winner because they still will not have played a defense all year. There is not a good defense in the entire Pac 10.

You stop that offense by making the QB give every play and relying on your players to stop the RB. Ohio State had the front 7 to do this effectively. No one in the Pac10 does.

Ohio State shut them down in the Rose Bowl last year.
They have not (and will not) play a defense that is even above average until the Bowl Season. If they make the national title game, it will be really tough to pick a winner because they still will not have played a defense all year. There is not a good defense in the entire Pac 10.

You stop that offense by making the QB give every play and relying on your players to stop the RB. Ohio State had the front 7 to do this effectively. No one in the Pac10 does.

This is true but they still score like crazy. Actually, Boise St shut them down.

It is for this reason belotti should be on the list after harbaugh.

as a football fan thank god Brewster didn't get to mess up LaMichael James.

NOOOOOO!, we as Minnesotans, cannot tolerate such a boisterous display of emotion and execution. ..We demand a coach / offense that will encompass the Minnesotan way of life.! It has to be slow-moving, non-confrontational and inoffensive to our opponents! And most importantly, it needs to be run by “one of us”!

Definitely not a Wisconsin clone, but then the Badgers are 45-15 last five seasons. Fun to watch, for sure.

NOOOOOO!, we as Minnesotans, cannot tolerate such a boisterous display of emotion and execution. ..We demand a coach / offense that will encompass the Minnesotan way of life.! It has to be slow-moving, non-confrontational and inoffensive to our opponents! And most importantly, it needs to be run by “one of us”!

Also, you simply cannot run an Oregon offense in Minnesota in November! Is too cold which results in the hands freezing of the QB and WR's.

If you want an offense like Oregon we'd be a lot similar with Leach than with any of the "MN Connection" guys.

Also, you simply cannot run an Oregon offense in Minnesota in November! Is too cold which results in the hands freezing of the QB and WR's.

But it does rain there more.

Like the rest of the Willamette Valley, Eugene lies in the Marine West Coast climate zone (Koppen Cfb), with some Mediterranean characteristics. Temperatures are mild year round, with warm, dry summers and mild, wet winters. Spring and fall are also moist seasons, with light rain falling for long periods of time. Winter snowfall does occur, but it is sporadic and rarely accumulates in large amounts: the average seasonal amount is 5 inches (12.7 cm), and the median is 0.[11] The hottest months are July and August, with average highs of around 82 °F (28 °C), with an average of 15 days per year above 90 °F (32.2 °C). The coolest month is December, with the coolest days in the mid 40s °F (7-8 °C), and nights averaging just above freezing. There are 54 nights per year with a low below freezing, and about 3 days with highs not exceeding freezing.[11]

Eugene's average annual temperature is 52.1 °F (11.2 °C), and annual precipitation at 50.9 inches (1,290 mm).[11] Eugene is actually slightly cooler on average than Portland, despite being located about 100 miles (160 km) south and having only a marginally higher elevation. Eugene's average August low is 50.8 °F (10.4 °C),[11] while Portland's average August low is 56.5 °F (13.6 °C).[12] Average winter temperatures (and summer high temperatures) are similar for the two cities. This disparity may be largely caused by Portland's urban heat island, where the combination of black pavement and urban energy use raises nighttime temperatures. A lesser heat island may also exist in the immediate downtown of Eugene.

This was tremendous!

We also need that offense to feature no fewer than 10 of the 11 starters from Minnesota, all with GPA's above 3.2, and no less than 40% of the starters must come from "outstate". This team hands the ball to the official after every play, no matter how big, and always sings the fight song with the giddiness of little leaguers, even if defeated by 6 td's. Finally, the scoreboard will be reduced in size, because we all know the score of the game means very little in college sports, it's all about the lessons these young men learn.

Not a fan of Oregon's uniforms, but I do like the matte black helmets.

Top Bottom