Calvin Godfrey - transfer into Cooper High School

Reaction score
I talked to someone at Cooper high school - they have a new stud in town. Calvin Godfrey 6'8" 220 lbs transferred from his high school in Milwaukee, WI and is in school now.

He has been to a few open gyms and has been tough to stop. Played one night when Rodney was there and no one could stop him. His plays PF, so he was muscling Rodney. His reputation is a good shot blocker and rebounder.

Supposedly has verballed to UW Milwaukee, but I heard a Minnesota assistant is in contact with him. :clap:

Good post, thanks for the link

Good to see Myron has his ear to the ground on things like this!

Tubby loves some shot blocking and rebounding. If he's as good as advertised, I think he'll be a Gopher.

Never too early to talk Gopher Hoops!!!

Check him out Coach!! From what I heard he is a man on the inside and he is a great jumper!! Very Strong even though he is only 220, but he is 6' 8" so that could mean he has a good frame to build on!!!

Buck the Fadgers, oh an by the way I hate Iowa!!

Haugy#33....Good for you, and so do I.

Never too early to talk Gopher Hoops!!!

Check him out Coach!! From what I heard he is a man on the inside and he is a great jumper!! Very Strong even though he is only 220, but he is 6' 8" so that could mean he has a good frame to build on!!!

Buck the Fadgers, oh an by the way I hate Iowa!!

Sounds like trevor mbakwe

that's exactly who i was thinking of. my question is why havent we heard of him before he came here if he is suppose to be so dominate?

I understand, but this program needs to strive for bigger and better things. Do you think Illinois, Michigan State and Purdue are settling for 3-star talent and rationalizing about what type of talent they may become in college? Think what you want to about the star-grading system, but it's just a FACT that 4 and 5-star prospects have better college careers across the board.

that's exactly who i was thinking of. my question is why havent we heard of him before he came here if he is suppose to be so dominate?

I agree. I've never seen any top 150 prospect class with him in it. Have you?

I understand, but this program needs to strive for bigger and better things. Do you think Illinois, Michigan State and Purdue are settling for 3-star talent and rationalizing about what type of talent they may become in college? Think what you want to about the star-grading system, but it's just a FACT that 4 and 5-star prospects have better college careers across the board.

Stars and rankings don't mean everything. You can find plenty of examples of 3-star basketball recruits on rivals that turned into terrific college basketball players.

By the way, according to Rivals, both Michigan State's and Purdue's 2010 classes have 2 3-star recruits in them. So, apparently they are settling. If 3-star recruits are good enough for Izzo and MSU, they are good enough for me.

I can answer your Purdue question. The Boilers signed several 4-star recruits in 2007 class. Since then, Painter signed mostly 2 star or 3 star recruits (in 2008 and 2009 classes). The 2010 class is primarily 3-star recruits (with one 4-star guy).

Top Bottom