Call the Ticket Office!!

GopherGold

Reaction score
if you don't want to see a bunch of red in the student section. Express your desire in making sure all people with student tickets have a University of MINNESOTA ID (old or new). This will then be expressed to the people checking IDs at the gates before the game and thus leave some stupid Wisconsin fan out $100.

And yes I do understand that there is a possibility that some Gophers may be left behind but it is the price we pay to keep the student section gold.

I thought this was already the policy? Is it not?

And yes I do understand that there is a possibility that some Gophers may be left behind but it is the price we pay to keep the student section gold.

Tough bananas. Student tickets are for .... ... ... ... STUDENTS!

The section is intended to put University of Minnesota students in the stadium for less than market value. Anyone who is not a U of M student is cheating the sytem and should have some humility when they are caught. It is the same as shoplifting ... wheather a non U of M student is wearing Red or Gold.

I will be real curious to see if the blue hairs and clueless legions will miss the whole "solid gold" thing and arrive in their regular maroon wear (like all the dismal gold out failures in the dome). Also, hope for good weather. The colder it is, the more likely solid gold thingy will fail (people with limited gopher wear forced to wear maroon or other colored coats).

I heard they haven't been checking student I.D.'s thus far....maybe they are saving it for the Big Ten conference games...especially games like Wisconsin and Iowa.

I can't wait til you have all these people buying student tickets on craigslist for outrageous prices showing up at the gate and getting turned away :clap:

Doesn't the "Check BAC" program require them to check all student ID's?

I have heard multiple things about the whole ID checking. I have seen people comment that their ID wasn't checked or they said they didn't have it and got through anyways. I've also heard that people had their ID checked to make sure it was their ID. So there isn't any uniformity in the way they are checking, it seems to be across the entire spectrum.

does anyone have an email address for the Ticket office or even Maturi's email address?

Just throw pizza at the kids in Red. It worked in the barn last season. Make them miserable.

does anyone have an email address for the Ticket office or even Maturi's email address?

www.umn.edu

In the search bar on the upper right, click on the radio button next to People, and type "Joel Maturi" (without the quotes).

After you're done with that, go back to the same field, and type "Ticket Office" (without the quotes).

"This isn't Russia Danny, is it?". I am all for having as few Becky supporters at the game as possible but this is AMERICAN. Or at least it was before Obama took over. Let's worry more about the performance on the field and less about who sold their tickets to Becky fans.

I know of a guy in his 50's who got into the Student Section for the Air Force games. That just isn't right. And he's also an Iowa Fan when they play the Gophers.

If they bought Student Tickets from scalpers, online or not, and they don't have matching ID.....

"~ Well, t'anks for nothing!~ Maggie O'Hooligan" :clap:

Just seems like they have better things to worry about. Like maybe getting a point-of-sale system for the concession stands!

Can you get in other gates with a student ticket? There was a kid trying to get around the long student line at the AF game, but I didn't turn around and watch to see if they let him in our gate. His ticket looked a lot like mine except for the bottom section.

If they don't look at the ticket closely and just let you in other gated, that's a big hole. They should make the student tickets completely different than the others.

I still like the Student ID scanner idea. If you can't make it to a game, tell the ticket office and they can sell to others as single-game tickets. I realize they are expensive, but so is printing 10,000 tickets every year.

Just throw pizza at the kids in Red. It worked in the barn last season. Make them miserable.

I think I am gonna go with walleye fingers in the face this time. Nobody wants tartar sauce in their eyes.

The ticket office is aware of security not doing a good job of checking student IDs. The U has spoken harshly to security to ensure from now on they are checking IDs correctly and not letting non-students in.

Also, the reason there may have been some empty pockets in the upper corners of the student section is because many people ordered season tickets and when they tried to pick them up it was then discovered that they were not students. Im sure the U could not re-issue these tickets til the refunds had been processed. The tickets they are selling now are those tickets.

Also, point of sale registers are the problem of Aramark, not the U.

The ticket office is aware of security not doing a good job of checking student IDs. The U has spoken harshly to security to ensure from now on they are checking IDs correctly and not letting non-students in.

Also, the reason there may have been some empty pockets in the upper corners of the student section is because many people ordered season tickets and when they tried to pick them up it was then discovered that they were not students. Im sure the U could not re-issue these tickets til the refunds had been processed. The tickets they are selling now are those tickets.

interesting. thanks for the update.

They ask to see a student ID, they don't scan but they do ask to see the ID. Unless the fadger fan is friends with a foolish fake gopher fan then the fudger won't find his fake friend's ticket usable.

man, what was all that scanning the ID's talk? what a load of sh*t, I knew that would never happen.

It's good that they didn't scan ID's. They did this for staff day at the U (for staff to get a free seat cushion with a back on it, ironically) and it resulted in people waiting over an hour to pick up their free gift. It was a mess and until they can do it faster there's no point implementing it at the student gate.

man, what was all that scanning the ID's talk? what a load of sh*t, I knew that would never happen.

They still plan to do this (at least according to other posters who have proven to have decent inside the dept knowledge in the past) but didn't want to rush into this season. Scanning will allow them to better implement CheckBAC as well as go to the Penn State route of getting rid of paper student tickets. Instead, the ticket would be on your ID and that way they can almost 100% eliminate scalping.

Top Bottom