Call for Unity

Wally

Reaction score
O'Rourke and AOC providing disaster relief to Texans is a great unity story. You won't see it spun that way in the media, though.

While Republican mayor in Texas screams at people to quit whining. Republican Ex Governor of Texas says the people are happy to go without heat and power to prevent that existential evil '"regulation"'. You can't make this up..

Section2

Reaction score
O'Rourke and AOC providing disaster relief to Texans is a great unity story. You won't see it spun that way in the media, though.
Bad, get real. This isn’t a unity story this is politics. TX is the goal. This is an opportunity.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Bad, get real. This isn’t a unity story this is politics. TX is the goal. This is an opportunity.
It's both, of course. It shouldn't surprise anyone that you'll earn votes by being good to people and showing how industrious and resourceful you are.

Ted Cruz has never served Texas very well by being a culture warrior, presidential candidate, and insurrectionist. He's all ambition and practically no public servant.

Section2

Reaction score
It's both, of course. It shouldn't surprise anyone that you'll earn votes by being good to people and showing how industrious and resourceful you are.

Ted Cruz has never served Texas very well by being a culture warrior, presidential candidate, and insurrectionist. He's all ambition and practically no public servant.
Unlike Beto? If you agree with Cruz politics, he’s served you well. You disagree with Cruz politics, so you think he’s served TX poorly. You care about the story because TX turning blue would accomplish your goals.

Wally

Reaction score
Unlike Beto? If you agree with Cruz politics, he’s served you well. You disagree with Cruz politics, so you think he’s served TX poorly. You care about the story because TX turning blue would accomplish your goals.

Yea those Republicans did a great job. Im sure the people are so happy their power grid is deregulated.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

And the Republicans are serving it up on a silver platter.

Section2

Reaction score
Yea those Republicans did a great job. Im sure the people are so happy their power grid is deregulated.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

And the Republicans are serving it up on a silver platter.
The power grid is regulated.

Wally

Reaction score
Unlike federal regulations... how naive can you get 😂

Yea thats why there are Texas righties, even in the midst of this crisis, bragging about keeping their grid deregulated. I am not sure I could make up a dumber comment than Rick Perry.

The funny thing is that they have drunk so much koolaid they don't see it, reminds me of you.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
This is easy pickins. Cruz is one of the biggest pieces of shit in politics. Someone like him finds an easy home in the modern Republican Party, who have few real principles and policies and are nearly all grievances and power hunger. That's his wheelhouse.

If the Republicans lose Texas it'll be a well-earned loss. All they had to do was act in their constituents' interests, and all they've done is play politics. It's a microcosm of what's going on around the country. They've dirited governance and public service with incesssant politics. All most people want is good government, and all they're getting from the GOP is Qanon and culture war.

What do you know of my goals? Very little, obviously. If you've taken my posting history to heart, you'd know that what I want is a functioning two-party system, good governance, and free and fair elections. The Rs have not held up their end of that bargain for some time now, so why would anyone be surprised that I'm down on them? Duh!

Section2

Reaction score
This is easy pickins. Cruz is one of the biggest pieces of shit in politics. Someone like him finds an easy home in the modern Republican Party, who have few real principles and policies and are nearly all grievances and power hunger. That's his wheelhouse.

If the Republicans lose Texas it'll be a well-earned loss. All they had to do was act in their constituents' interests, and all they've done is play politics. It's a microcosm of what's going on around the country. They've dirited governance and public service with incesssant politics. All most people want is good government, and all they're getting from the GOP is Qanon and culture war.

What do you know of my goals? Very little, obviously. If you've taken my posting history to heart, you'd know that what I want is a functioning two-party system, good governance, and free and fair elections. The Rs have not held up their end of that bargain for some time now, so why would anyone be surprised that I'm down on them? Duh!
The difference between the Ds and the Rs is marketing. All they’re getting from the GOP is Qanon? Which GOP politicians are talking about celebrities eating babies? The culture war is only being waged by Republicans? Dems are 100% focused on good governance? Man, I’d like a puff of what you’re smoking. The GOP sucks for sure. But the Democrat party is just as bad and has worse policies.

Section2

Reaction score
Yea thats why there are Texas righties, even in the midst of this crisis, bragging about keeping their grid deregulated. I am not sure I could make up a dumber comment than Rick Perry.

The funny thing is that they have drunk so much koolaid they don't see it, reminds me of you.
Their grid is regulated.

Wally

Reaction score
Their grid is regulated.

Ofc, to you I am sure its over regulated. I doubt that position is shared by the people who had no heat and now their pipes are frozen and broken...

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
The difference between the Ds and the Rs is marketing. All they’re getting from the GOP is Qanon? Which GOP politicians are talking about celebrities eating babies? The culture war is only being waged by Republicans? Dems are 100% focused on good governance? Man, I’d like a puff of what you’re smoking. The GOP sucks for sure. But the Democrat party is just as bad and has worse policies.
Don't worry; he'll be reelected. The kind of people who vote for him will gladly freeze in order to own the libs.

Section2

Reaction score
Don't worry; he'll be reelected. The kind of people who vote for him will gladly freeze in order to own the libs.
US senators have nothing to do with TX energy policies. Zero. This is completely a state issue. You surely must know this but just love the chance to take an emotional issue and pin it on a politician you hate. If TX had 2 D senators, and it happened last year, the narrative would be that Trump didn’t care and was to blame.

Wally

Reaction score
US senators have nothing to do with TX energy policies. Zero. This is completely a state issue. You surely must know this but just love the chance to take an emotional issue and pin it on a politician you hate. If TX had 2 D senators, and it happened last year, the narrative would be that Trump didn’t care and was to blame.

You can go down to Texas for his next election and explain that to people while you door knock.
😎

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I'm probably one of the few who DON'T hate Cruz, even though he is a piece of shit. What did Al Franken say: "Here's the thing you have to understand about Ted Cruz: I like Ted Cruz more than most of my other colleagues like Ted Cruz. And I hate Ted Cruz."

RememberMurray

Reaction score
The good citizens of Texas will decide if this is what they want. Greg Abbott will stand for re-election in 2022.

I hope for their sakes they are paying close attention, and digging in to the background information on this.

Section2

Reaction score
You can go down to Texas for his next election and explain that to people while you door knock.
😎
I get why people hate him. I acknowledge their reasons. I kind of like him.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Two absolutely key points when it comes to the bipartisanship discussion

stocker08

Reaction score
Two absolutely key points when it comes to the bipartisanship discussion

100%. When the repubs failed to overturn the election....they decided that they'd just refuse to work with Biden. Trump is guiding them along.

Wally

Reaction score
100%. When the repubs failed to overturn the election....they decided that they'd just refuse to work with Biden. Trump is guiding them along.
Trump guiding nothing

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
I'm gathering the revelation here is that some are surprised that when the full force of the main stream media is actively promoting every step of the guy who is still largely confined to his basement and at the same time spent 4 years actively destroying and discrediting everything regarding the previous guy, the polling may actually reflect different opinions/numbers?

USAF

Reaction score
I'm gathering the revelation here is that some are surprised that when the full force of the main stream media is actively promoting every step of the guy who is still largely confined to his basement and at the same time spent 4 years actively destroying and discrediting everything regarding the previous guy, the polling may actually reflect different opinions/numbers?
What I'm gathering is you're a dishonest hack.

Not a revelation, though.

howeda7

Reaction score
They don't need Trump's guidance for that. Complete and total visceral obstruction has been Turtle Mitch's playbook since 1/20/09.

howeda7

Reaction score
He wasn't the keynote speaker at the CPAC? Or the RNC donor retreat this past weekend at Mar-a-lago? He's clearly still in control of the republican clown car.
He is. Just not on this issue. Niki Haley bowing to lick his shoes shows he's 100% in control of the future of the party though. KGF is in fantasy land.

Top Bottom