Calhoun removes name from Colorado search

Colorado is about to hire their very own Tim Brewster ...

The Post reports that a number of ex-CU football players are putting pressure on the administration to name Eric Bieniemy as the Buffaloes’ next head coach. Bieniemy is a former CU running back and is currently a position coach with the NFL’s Minnesota Vikings.

The biggest issue with Bieniemy’s candidacy is the fact that he’s never been a head coach or even a coordinator at any level. Inexperience aside, Bieniemy reportedly acquitted himself very well during his interview with athletic director Mike Bohn and the seven-member search committee over the weekend.

So has Calhoun officially removed his name from our search? I know one report said he did, but I am still holding out for Calhoun!

But you have to remember that Colorado failed with their own version of Chris Peterson (hot shot coach from a smaller school) so it makes sense that they would argue that previous HC experience doesn't matter as much to them. You can't ignore the fact that our current hiring process is probably a bit reactionary to the short comings in our previous coach. The same can be said with Colorado.

After coming off of Dan Hawkins, I could see how a guy like Bienemy could look more appealing to them than a team like ours coming off of a guy without any HC experience.

That a boy, Wheaton. Good to see you back in form. I was really worried about you for awhile because I had seen maybe 20 posts of yours where you didn't mention Calhoun. Gotta admire your dedication. It's kind of nice to see someone like you who is really passionate about a tier 2 guy (if you'd even consider him that.)

Valid question about Calhoun and this job. I've never seen anything factual that we have talked to him or that he has ever responded to any questions about this job. Always thought it was curious that everything has been so quiet about him. However, since his season has been over for about a week, it looks like he's not going to be the guy. Hope they get someone that you like as much or better!

Just for the record, I'd be fine with him - though not excited as you.

Just because a guy has never been a head coach doesn't mean he is a bad hire. At some point you've got to get your first chance.

The Vikes like Bienemy so much that they gave him a promotion to keep him from leaving for USC last year. Many top programs want him.

Count me as someone who'd be excited for Calhoun

Just because a guy has never been a head coach doesn't mean he is a bad hire. At some point you've got to get your first chance.

The Vikes like Bienemy so much that they gave him a promotion to keep him from leaving for USC last year. Many top programs want him.

I didn't mean he'd be a bad coach or anything, didn't even pay attention to the name. I was just pointing out, and you have to admit, the wording of that article sounded a lot like what happened with Brewster here. Wasn't trying to say he'd coach like Brewster, the wording of the article was just very familiar.

Colorado is going to hire an NFL position coach from Minnesota and Minnesota hired an NFL position coach from Colorado.

That a boy, Wheaton. Good to see you back in form. I was really worried about you for awhile because I had seen maybe 20 posts of yours where you didn't mention Calhoun. Gotta admire your dedication. It's kind of nice to see someone like you who is really passionate about a tier 2 guy (if you'd even consider him that.)

Valid question about Calhoun and this job. I've never seen anything factual that we have talked to him or that he has ever responded to any questions about this job. Always thought it was curious that everything has been so quiet about him. However, since his season has been over for about a week, it looks like he's not going to be the guy. Hope they get someone that you like as much or better!

Just for the record, I'd be fine with him - though not excited as you.

If you think it has been quiet on the Calhoun front, what about Golden? I haven't heard a word about him or from his camp in this big cluster$%#@ of an end to a search.

Top Bottom