Cal fan here looking forward to next week's game

The411

Reaction score
/ramble on

No, I'm not here to talk smack whatsoever.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new ballpark (sadly not in person).

Just to give you quick summary.

Cal has played the equivalent of two 1-AA teams.

I know Maryland is an ACC team, but they barely beat 1-AA James Madison in overtime.

Recently in Jeff Tedford's tenure Cal has played poorly on the road and it's been pretty wide disparity. Not sure what it can be attributed to really, but I suppose you could tie it to poor quarterback play.

Word around town is that we're a BCS caliber team. However, us Cal fans kind of equate ourselves as Chicago Cub fans of college football. So we take a show us first attitude.

We don't have a goat like the Cubs do per se but the turning point in Cal's football fortunes happened when two programs crossed paths in 1954. Cal was highly ranked and USC was as well. Cal went up on USC 14-0 before Cal's star running back sustained a knee injury. Needless to say Cal went on to lose that game and Cal and USC have gone on very divergent paths ever since.

Just as Minnesota was the dominant team of 30's Cal was dominant in the first half of the 20's not losing game until 1925.

As you guys may or may not know we're renovating our facilities so I think it's great to see other new facilities to gauge fan reaction and so far it sounds like you guys have built an incredible stadium.

One last point you're going to get a particular Cal Troll who will instigate by either give you guys back handed compliments or try to stir things up. I only point this out because he/she/it is very good at muckraking but has no interest in actual discussion. He/she/it goes by MoreNCsarecoming/ amythicalprogram/MebaneDT10 as well as a few other noms de plume.

Of course there will be probably a be a few over the top posters. We don't claim 'em either ... unless they say something funny.

We'll see you on 9/19. Til then continue to revel in your brand new stadium and the great memories from an opening day win.

Looking forward to the game as well and welcome! Lol.......

I believe this is *THE* game that will give both teams an idea of how good they really are. We're very strong Defensively so far but our biggest drawback is an inconsistent Offense.......

Last time we played I believe we were average at best and Cal blasted us 42-17 (i think) after we lead 7-0.......

Hopefully it's a good game and playing on ESPN for the 2nd time in 3 weeks will be very exciting.......

Top Bottom