Caddyshack

Goatboy

Reaction score
A little break from recruiting:

I think that it would be pretty cool/hilarious to incorporate the theme song from Caddyshack into the game day experience. I can picture the whole student section doing the "gopher dance" from the movie. Obviously Goldy would lead the way.

It's kind of a corny song but everytime I hear it, I feel more upbeat and it pus a smile on my face.

Thoughts?

A little break from recruiting:

I think that it would be pretty cool/hilarious to incorporate the theme song from Caddyshack into the game day experience. I can picture the whole student section doing the "gopher dance" from the movie. Obviously Goldy would lead the way.

It's kind of a corny song but everytime I hear it, I feel more upbeat and it pus a smile on my face.

Thoughts?

They used the "Gopher Dancing" clip at the Dome often. Don't know why they stopped. Maybe they wanted to divorce themselves of all things HHH Dome related.

Fuzzy little foreigner. It's not my fault nobody can understand what you're saying.

This exact same thing was brought up last year before the stadium opened. If I remember correctly, this was an option but it couldn't be done because of licensing or cost or something legal along those lines. I could be misremembering (thanks for the word Clemens) so if anybody else knows more feel free to remind me.

Don't remember which game, but "I'm Alright" was one of the choices for that stupid text-to-see what song will be played at the 4th quarter deal. It lost to the Black Eyed Peas. F'ing kids and their cell phones.

Caddyshack is in no way, shape or form overrated. Caddyshack II, however, is underrated.

Don't remember which game, but "I'm Alright" was one of the choices for that stupid text-to-see what song will be played at the 4th quarter deal. It lost to the Black Eyed Peas. F'ing kids and their cell phones.

Caddyshack is in no way, shape or form overrated. Caddyshack II, however, is underrated.

+1 on the Caddyshack. Caddyshack II? Don't remember it as being underrated but if you say it is I may need to take a fresh look at it.

They need to spend more time on that there interweb listening to us folks! :D

I can deal with being in the minority here.... but I'm not terribly impressed with that movie. I don't think it translates across generations quite as well as people who grew up with the movie think it does. Its not horrible, I just think it is dated humor... I really don't mean to offend the folks who love it.

In any case, don't be so quick to blame the masses of students who don't relate to the film as well as some other people.

It would take quite a miracle to get any percentage of the student section to actually do the dance, classic though it may be.

You are so dreadully wrong. I feel bad for you.

It would be better if there was more Bill Murray and much much much less of the brutal Chevy Chase. I can't believe that guy ever had a career in comedy, he's about as funny as a piece of plywood.

It would be better if there was more Bill Murray and much much much less of the brutal Chevy Chase. I can't believe that guy ever had a career in comedy, he's about as funny as a piece of plywood.

Very true, but there is a reason for that. There was a 30th anniversary show that was played last year. On it, Harold Ramis said he got Murray to agree to be in the picture, but Murray would only agree to work for a week. Ramis wasn't even sure Murray would show up until he came driving on the set in a golf cart loaded with people. Murray was with the production only six days, and all of his lines were unscripted

So have you ever been to a lumberyard??

"On his deathbed, Ski U Master, will receive total contentiousness"

and realize what he has been missing all these years. "Be the Ball" Ski U Master.
I liked the Monty Python reference thrown in back there by [censored].

Apparently you're no fan of 'Fletch' then? That's the highwater mark for Chase IMO. And as hilarious as an 80s comedy gets.

I'll have a steak sandwich, and a bloody mary... ...and a steak sandwich.

Back to the Caddyshack/Kenny Loggins/"I'm Alright" topic - before TCF Bank Stadium opened up, I actually considered emailing this request as our official song b/w the 3rd and 4th quarters to Maturi, but I thought better of it for some reason. Perhaps I should just man up and be 'that guy' who writes the email this to the AD.

Caddyshack II is definately underated

"Don't you think this technology kind of takes the sport out of it?"

"Oh, no- lots of things could go wrong. The batteries could go dead, the satelites might not be positioned correctly, you know..."

That may not be the quote word for word, but it is pretty close. And pretty damn funny in the movie.

Most of the events that life brings us can be summed up by Bill Murray's quote when cleaning the pool and picks up the BabyRuth and takes a bite..."It's no big deal."

I don't think the hard stuff's coming down for quite a while.

On TV tonight. :clap:

Ty: "Do you do drugs, Danny?"

Danny: "Everyday."

Ty: "Good."

Top Bottom