C Joseph to trim list to 6, UNLV in, appears TX out

Thanks again Tubby! In the old days I would be going wild over a kids inability to decide. Now I know we have options, thanks to Tubby's ability to recruit. While I would like to know how the 2010 class will finish off, I can sit back and be confident that it will all work out. We are no longer waiting on one kid, the kid, the one that will make the class or even the program. Go Gophers!

Where in that article does it say Texas is out?

I'm not sure if I'd count Texas out quite yet, just because he didn't give a verbal then and there.

I'm not sure if I'd count Texas out quite yet, just because he didn't give a verbal then and there.

Why wouldn't we count Texas out? You posted yesterday and guaranteed that Joseph would be a Gopher. After that, I figured there was nothing to worry about.

Myron says Gophers will make his final list and will come for a official visit.

Dark horse candidate..... how do we infer what that indicates coming from Russell who allegedly isn't advocating for him to sign with Minnesota.

Dark horse candidate..... how do we infer what that indicates coming from Russell who allegedly isn't advocating for him to sign with Minnesota.

To me, the term Dark Horse means someone not expected to be winner by many but quite possibly the winner after all is said and done.

To me, the term Dark Horse means someone not expected to be winner by many but quite possibly the winner after all is said and done.

I wasn't looking for a definition, but rather psychology of the statement based on who made it, the person believed by many to be the one who's trying to steer Joseph away from the program.

I wasn't looking for a definition, but rather psychology of the statement based on who made it, the person believed by many to be the one who's trying to steer Joseph away from the program.

I would infer that it means that despite Ro Russell's best efforts to get the kid to Texas or Louisville or UConn, it may just end up that Corey wants to play with his brother no matter what Ro Russell says. Thus - he is conceding that Minnesota is a dark horse.

This may have been discussed before, but what's the deal with Russel and the Gophers? Is he not a Tubby Smith fan? Does he want his school to be a "feeder" program to the "big name" schools like UConn, Louisville, Texas, etc?

I would infer that it means that despite Ro Russell's best efforts to get the kid to Texas or Louisville or UConn, it may just end up that Corey wants to play with his brother no matter what Ro Russell says. Thus - he is conceding that Minnesota is a dark horse.

That's what I gather too. Also, if you remember, Bo made it sound like Devoe would be choosing Vandy or some other school rather than Minnesota. Thank goodness Devoe decided for himself. You have to view anything he says through a filter cause he doesn't want Cory at Minnesota, just like with Devoe.

Would be great to have the Joseph duo

And I think it speaks volumns that Cory went to TX and OK on officials and cleaved both of them from his final list. Again, conjecture here, if he is intending to visit MN last it might be that he is giving those schools, UConn, Vandy, an opportunity to steer him away from his actual favorite, the Gophers. UConn is the real competition here, 2 championships in recent memory, gulp.

From Rivals today:

"Joseph, 6-foot-3, 180-pounds, confirmed with Rivals.com that Connecticut, Florida, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Texas, UNLV and Villanova are his seven finalists."

Also - He's already visited Texas. Will trip to UConn on Oct. 16 and Villanova on Oct. 23. Minnesota gets a visit either Oct. 9 or Oct. 30. UNLV gets an unofficial. He hasn't decided if he will go to Florida or Mississippi State for his final official visit.

From Rivals today:

"Joseph, 6-foot-3, 180-pounds, confirmed with Rivals.com that Connecticut, Florida, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Texas, UNLV and Villanova are his seven finalists."

Also - He's already visited Texas. Will trip to UConn on Oct. 16 and Villanova on Oct. 23. Minnesota gets a visit either Oct. 9 or Oct. 30. UNLV gets an unofficial. He hasn't decided if he will go to Florida or Mississippi State for his final official visit.

Awesome.:clap:

I think Villanova is going to be tough to beat in this one. I stated on an earlier thread about the insight on recruiting I once received, that there's usually one person who's the decision maker in the relationship with the player. Based on his brother coming here and the elimination of certain programs, it doesn't appear to be Russell.

I'm banking on it being Ms. Joseph. We know she likes how Villanova uses its guards and she likes Tubby. Her affinity towards Tubby might have something to with integrity. If that's the case then UConn and Florida are out.

If I'm wrong and Russell is the decision maker, then I'm going with Texas or Florida.

I Think (Not Sure)

This may have been discussed before, but what's the deal with Russel and the Gophers? Is he not a Tubby Smith fan? Does he want his school to be a "feeder" program to the "big name" schools like UConn, Louisville, Texas, etc?

It may have something to do with Jamaal Magloire being at UK. Pitino may have promised something (legal) that Tubby didn't honor. Just guessing...

Just saw on the bottomline that Joseph has narrowed his choice to Texas, Uconn, Villanova, Gophers, UNLV, Florida, and Mississippi St.

Top Bottom