Butler IS Minnesota

EG#9

Reaction score
That was a classic Gopher meltdown at the end of the game with the significant difference that they made 1 play (and only 1) in the last 9 minutes or so to win the game.

I'd much rather celebrate Gopher success than root against the Badgers, but I did enjoy seeing Becky get beat down for most of the game. Seeing Becky score 3 points in the first 10 minutes of the second half was a joy to watch.

Maybe Butler just had to make the game close. . .tonight's seven point spread equals the point difference they've had in their four previous NCAA games (Mich. St-2, Duke-2, Old Dominion-2, Pitt-1)

They did look awful in those last four minutes though, but I'm certainly not doubting Brad Stevens getting things figured out before Saturday, that guy's spinning gold these last couple years.

Stevens has been amazing, that's why it was so strange to see his team execute so poorly down the stretch. They couldn't convert free throws, took bad shots, and turned the ball over. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stevens end up at Duke eventually, in which case I will deny I ever said a good thing about him.

Even as bad as they were in the last couple of minutes, bottom line is Wisconsin gets knocked out of the tourney by yet another mid-major! 5 in a row!

Top Bottom