Build Back Better

jamiche

Reaction score
Not even all Dems. Although the Justin Trudeau clips are fun.
Ummm, melvi. You are going to have to repeat fifth grade--again. Justin lives in Canada.

Under seditionist minority rule soon a fellow citizen will be able to sue your mom and dad for producing a moron and collect $10K plus legal fees.

Spoofin

Reaction score
If you don’t want to waste billions on crony failed projects, it means you believe we won’t need energy in the future. Wallys brain is amazing.
Be ready for some incoherent side-step and straw man argument. I’ve seen this show before.

Wally

Reaction score
Be ready for some incoherent side-step and straw man argument. I’ve seen this show before.
I laid out my argument.
What's yours?
Do you care about the environment?
Do you think global warming is a threat?

Wally

Reaction score
I am saying subsidize the outcome you want and let the market find the best way to do it. Instead of subsidizing fossil fuels. Its not complicated.

kg21

Reaction score
I laid out my argument.
What's yours?
Since 50 years ago, they were talking about the next ice age in schools, I would say that global warming is not a threat. In fact, I'd say it's political and make certain people a lot of money. Sort of like getting a vaccination. Not worried in the least. Why are you so scared, snowflake?

Wally

Reaction score
Since 50 years ago, they were talking about the next ice age in schools, I would say that global warming is not a threat. In fact, I'd say it's political and make certain people a lot of money. Sort of like getting a vaccination. Not worried in the least. Why are you so scared, snowflake?
Because the world is full of people like you.

Section2

Reaction score
I laid out my argument.
What's yours?
Subsidizing the outcome is not “the market”. I really don’t believe that fossil fuel production is subsidized at all, but sure, to the extent it is. Stop doing that. If green energy is to become viable, it will need to do so without government help. Government help will actually HARM its development. Because crony green companies get the cash and push out better ideas and companies. There is demand for green energy. Let the market find it.

Wally

Reaction score
Subsidizing the outcome is not “the market”. I really don’t believe that fossil fuel production is subsidized at all, but sure, to the extent it is. Stop doing that. If green energy is to become viable, it will need to do so without government help. Government help will actually HARM its development. Because crony green companies get the cash and push out better ideas and companies. There is demand for green energy. Let the market find it.
Refundable Carbon Tax is the best way. You use less carbon than average person you get more money back than you paid in tax. Revenue neutral.

Section2

Reaction score
Refundable Carbon Tax is the best way. You use less carbon than average person you get more money back than you paid in tax. Revenue neutral.
New tax revenue streams. Surely that will remain limited and would never grow out of control.
no, you want a carbon tax or consumption tax, fine with me. It replaces something else.

Section2

Reaction score
Ummm, melvi. You are going to have to repeat fifth grade--again. Justin lives in Canada.

Under seditionist minority rule soon a fellow citizen will be able to sue your mom and dad for producing a moron and collect $10K plus legal fees.
Yes. And which part of my post asserted Justin lived here? That was the entire point of my post. It wasn’t just US Dems using the phrase. It is Justin, it is Boris, it is Europeans. You aren’t too bright.

Wally

Reaction score
New tax revenue streams. Surely that will remain limited and would never grow out of control.
no, you want a carbon tax or consumption tax, fine with me. It replaces something else.
Refundable, every cent collected gets refunded to the tax payers. Use less carbon than average and you paid.

balds

Reaction score
Refundable, every cent collected gets refunded to the tax payers. Use less carbon than average and you paid.

Learn and remember this phrase: It's going to take a lot of oil to go green. The amount to fossil fuels needed to build out what is being proposed will be off the charts. And what if there is no demand, or it isn't viable? Instead of high rises like the Chinese, we'll be demolishing unused charging stations, burying batteries under mountains, etc.

Wally

Reaction score
Learn and remember this phrase: It's going to take a lot of oil to go green. The amount to fossil fuels needed to build out what is being proposed will be off the charts. And what if there is no demand, or it isn't viable? Instead of high rises like the Chinese, we'll be demolishing unused charging stations, burying batteries under mountains, etc.
So your saying we should have started yesterday. Tell me something I don't know.

It is possible to power our society mostly with wind, solar, hydro and Nuclear.

Section2

Reaction score
So your saying we should have started yesterday. Tell me something I don't know.

It is possible to power our society mostly with wind, solar, hydro and Nuclear.
Hydro is incredibly destructive to the environment. Nuclear is the only viable option today.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Biden is lying again. Today, in his script, he said the top 1% (of income earners) pay almost nothing in taxes.

The top 1% pay almost 40% of income taxes collected.

Biden wants to give “tax credits” to the lower half of income earners that pay relatively little to no taxes. They may call them “tax credits”, but it’s simply redistribution of wealth to people that aren’t paying income taxes.

Biden is a f’n liar. He’s lying to the public to get support for his massive spending plans. He’s playing ’identity politics’ and I’m damned tired of it. He’s lying about basic facts b/c the media won’t hold him accountable. He’s lying about hard working, successful Americans and framing everyone making above $400K as the mega-wealthy.

If he wants to eliminate investment tax loopholes for corporations, fine. Just stop acting like every corporation and hard working successful people aren’t “paying their fair share”…asshole.

howeda7

Reaction score
Nothing breaks out the cussin' like the threat of a tax increase....

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Nothing breaks out the cussin' like the threat of a tax increase....
Btw, do you want to address the point that I made that Biden said that the top 1% pay nearly nothing in taxes?

No, of course you don’t.

Wally

Reaction score
No. It’s lying, which you claim to hate so much over the previous 4 years.

Now we know it’s just about who is lying.
The total percentage the government takes in all taxes, fee's ect from someone making $500k is lower than someone making $100k

I don't agree with that.
I know it's an evil position 🤣🤣🤣

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The total percentage the government takes in all taxes, fee's ect from someone making $500k is lower than someone making $100k

I don't agree with that.
I know it's an evil position 🤣🤣🤣
I’ll tell you what, you pay my tax bill and I’ll pay your’s asshole. Deal?

Wally

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what, you pay my tax bill and I’ll pay your’s asshole. Deal?
If you make that much you can afford it.
Would 5% less money change your life?

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Not saying I disagree, but we aren't tearing out the hydro we have.
Then it doesn’t matter. You want to replace fossil fuels. Leaving existing hydro in place won’t accomplish that goal. Nuclear is the only option, progs are the ones opposed. Talk to them.

Top Bottom