Buggs is graduating but says as of right now he would like to be back for SR season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Hope he's back too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hope he's back. He should offer depth and his scholarship should be used on the 2017 class.

Sounds almost as if the players like it here.... :)

That statement coupled with the Murphy one are good signs.

Great point. Buggs is a guy that some here have accused Pitino of mismanaging. Seems like he's in line with what Pitino has done with him over the past 3 years.

If Buggs could just get some damn confidence, though.... He's got Durant's body/athleticism in Kendell Shell's mind.

He does not have Durant's body or athleticism.

He's a nice backup 3/4 I guess. I can live with him being here if he plays 6-12 minutes per game. I too, would rather keep him than let him go and plug his scholarship into someone who will keep us from picking up guys in 2017 though.

He's a nice backup 3/4 I guess. I can live with him being here if he plays 6-12 minutes per game. I too, would rather keep him than let him go and plug his scholarship into someone who will keep us from picking up guys in 2017 though.

obviously.

As bad as the last few games were, the line up looked pretty impressive with Buggs, Murphy, Gilbert and one of the two centers (or even King) out there. Murphy and Gilbert both have a very strong upside. (of course that only counts for dunks and looking like basketball players, not in the box score)

If we had the three guards available for the last few game the end of the year could have been a lot more fun. I really hope none of the three that were suspended are lost. I really like small quick guards who have a little bit of an Alan Iverson type game.

The kid from Queens showed a lot this year and will grow into his length well in the next couple of ears.

He's gone I hope. If the program was in better shape I could see encouraging him to stay. But we need talent and frankly he is not a D1 rotation player for anyone. imo Durant? What are you smoking that is laughable.

Buggs is/was a frustrating player. At times, he shows flashes of real talent, but he has never been able to translate that into consistent production. If he had no talent at all, it would be easy to say dump him. But he does have some talent - he just can't seem to harness it.

I hate to say it, but Buggs' biggest problem is above his neck and between his ears.

He absolutely has Durant's body. No muscle tone whatsoever and is pretty long.

Murphy and Gilbert both have a very strong upside. (of course that only counts for dunks and looking like basketball players, not in the box score)

Agree on Murphy (obviously). But I don't see much upside with Gilbert.

Gilbert will be a solid rotational glue guy who can hopefully develop into a 3 and D type wing for us. He'll definitely be a useful piece, I just wouldn't expect him to turn into a stud 15-20 point scorer.

My thought, too. Several good signs among the rubble, including that the team showed good unity through all sorts of trouble.

My thought, too. Several good signs among the rubble, including that the team showed good unity through all sorts of trouble.

This season could really help the younger guys bond together for decent "FU" season the next few years! Just have to respond in the right way.

I couldn't agree more Durant is 3-4 inches taller and last time I checked athleticism is more than jumping. He has no where near the body control or handle that Durant has. Have heard this comparison before and just makes me shake my head. That being said I hope he is back for Pitino or another coach.
[Q
UOTE=Blackhammer;1188584]He's gone I hope. If the program was in better shape I could see encouraging him to stay. But we need talent and frankly he is not a D1 rotation player for anyone. imo Durant? What are you smoking that is laughable.[/QUOTE]

This season could really help the younger guys bond together for decent "FU" season the next few years! Just have to respond in the right way.

Three of them already did that.

Noooooo ...The kid has absolutely no basketball smarts whatsoever. The final straw for me was when he got the opening tip in the Gopher frontcourt and threw it in the backcourt for an over and back violation. The kid is his own version of the Twilight Zone.

Noooooo ...The kid has absolutely no basketball smarts whatsoever. The final straw for me was when he got the opening tip in the Gopher frontcourt and threw it in the backcourt for an over and back violation. The kid is his own version of the Twilight Zone.

lol......about right though.

Good for him if he wants to come back, as I think we'd have to sit on the scholarship anyway. But if I were him, I'd go somewhere smaller and get playing time. He won't see much here unless things go sideways again.

Buggs is a nice player to prepare the starters for their opponent. Not a lot of upside as a contributor in any other facet.

I would rather have Buggs than a spring pick up right now

This is one of the worst analogies I have read on Gopherhole. I have a feeling that Kendall Shell's mind in Buggs body equals a very good player.

I was trying to be facetious but I agree the Kendall schell brain would help.

Top Bottom