Buffalo reached out to Gable Steveson

He didn't play football in college, so he wasn't required to enter the draft.

Obviously at this point, he's not going to play in the NFL for the 2021 season. Even playing for the Gophers this fall is quickly becoming a very diminishing prospect.

Is he really going to wrestle in the NCAA again this school year? Nothing to prove there. No one can touch him. Not getting paid (much) to do that.

Obviously at this point, he's not going to play in the NFL for the 2021 season. Even playing for the Gophers this fall is quickly becoming a very diminishing prospect.

Is he really going to wrestle in the NCAA again this school year? Nothing to prove there. No one can touch him. Not getting paid (much) to do that.
The World Greco Roman World Championships in Oslo Norway this coming October 2-10.

Football is going to take about two years of sweat equity. He has unbounded potential to make a mark in Pro Football. Sam Donald is about his size and stature.

He makes $10k per sponsored tweet. He is sponsored by other entities. He makes more than nearly every person who works full time.

The World Greco Roman World Championships in Oslo Norway this coming October 2-10.

Football is going to take about two years of sweat equity. He has unbounded potential to make a mark in Pro Football. Sam Donald is about his size and stature.
He doesn’t wrestle Greco Roman.

Aaron Donald or Sam Darnold? Sam Donald I don’t think is a person gable aspires to be.

If so, my apologies as well. However, numerous articles out there quoting Gable as saying that "a number of NFL teams have reached out to my agent". So not sure what to make of that.
As his acting unpaid agent that he doesn't know about, I've advised him to play for the Gophers. The problem is he doesn't know who I am............

Aaron

He doesn't wrestle Greco-Roman style. That's a completely different style than what he just won the gold medal in. Though probably would be easier to try that than football.

He makes $10k per sponsored tweet. He is sponsored by other entities. He makes more than nearly every person who works full time.
Good for him (serious). So your point being, he doesn't "need" more money to try to play for the Gophers this fall?

I mean, even after all I've said, I'd be thrilled if he gave the Gophers a shot this fall. For nothing else, than the attention it would bring to the team from national curiosity. Extra (casual) viewership might get some of our games bumped up from BTN to ESPN/FS1/FOX?

But ... like, he needs to start practicing (in some form) ASAP

Good for him (serious). So your point being, he doesn't "need" more money to try to play for the Gophers this fall?

I mean, even after all I've said, I'd be thrilled if he gave the Gophers a shot this fall. For nothing else, than the attention it would bring to the team from national curiosity. Extra (casual) viewership might get some of our games bumped up from BTN to ESPN/FS1/FOX?

But ... like, he needs to start practicing (in some form) ASAP
Oh, I agree he needs to start practicing ASAP. But Gable earned $287,500 for winning gold in the Olympics. He gets paid per sponsored tweet, he gets paid for other things (and will more and more, who knows what kind of sponsorship deals he has signed) he shouldn't need money immediately. If he does--sounds like an issue for him.

Top Bottom