Bucky really can't stand Spencer Tollackson...

I'll be honest. There were a couple instances where it was pretty clear who Spencer wanted to win that game. It was not Wisconsin. He's still learning the ropes. I'm sure afterwards his supervisors made a suggestion to him that he be careful about showing a rooting interest in the games he's serving as an analyst.

I'll be honest. There were a couple instances where it was pretty clear who Spencer wanted to win that game. It was not Wisconsin. He's still learning the ropes. I'm sure afterwards his supervisors made a suggestion to him that he be careful about showing a rooting interest in the games he's serving as an analyst.

Lol. I heard the same things and really didn't think much of it, well, because I agreed with him.

Spence will have to be fair and balanced.

To be fair, he is young, but he needs a lot of work.

I didn't have a dog in the fight, yet it was pretty apparent to me as well.
It is good for him to be doing B10 games because of his name recognition and his insights into arenas, coaches, history, and the like, but he probably has some "history" of his own with many of the players he is now commenting on. That's got to be tough. He'll improve with time if he has the talent (there are some commentators that I don't think have improved at all) and the fair and balanced thing will come the longer he is out of the game.

Badger fans shouldn't complain

about him announcing their game.

If he were their starting center for the past few years, THEN they would have something to complain about.

come on you guys. spencer tollackson is a very nice guy. i haven't heard him do tv games but i know he tries hard to do well. and he is really really funny.

My Take

Yeah, he's a little green but he has made definite progress since his debut game. I think that is something we all can agree on. I agree with St. Paul on this one. It must be hard to be less than a year removed from the B10 season and calling games involving players he either played with or against several times. He's learning as he goes and he will get better, it will just take time, but I can definitely see some talent there. He offers very good insight into the style of play of each coach, the B10 and every team.

One thing though: If I were the BTN I would have Spencer calling games that didn't involve the Gophers. I don't think he's removed enough to do that right now in his career. Just my .02

Spencer Tollackson Really Stinks...

Spencer Tollackson has no business in a broadcast booth. He is immature and worst than jus "unpolished". He just comes across as a goof who is more comfortable voicing his opinion in a bar with some of his buddies. Go away Spencer. Get a job and grow up.

I think the BTN should assign him to a Gopher/Becky game. That would be interesting.

Spencer Tollackson has no business in a broadcast booth. He is immature and worst than jus "unpolished". He just comes across as a goof who is more comfortable voicing his opinion in a bar with some of his buddies. Go away Spencer. Get a job and grow up.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel...:rolleyes:

Like others have said, once the players that he played against are gone he will become more detached. Now if they can only get rid of Doyle, everyone should hate him.

Actually he is pretty bright

He knows what white trash is. Who would actually want Wisconsin to win?

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am all for Spencer if he is annoying Badger Fans!

well said GoldenGo4Fan! I am by not means a FAT fan (an acronym from last season I can't let go, sorry to offend the Spence lovers here) however, if he irritates the Madison faithful than I am all about him announcing their games!

Top Bottom