Bubblicious Monday: Gonzaga/BYU Loser Certainly Will Be Toast

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Heading into Selection Sunday Week, there are roughly 14 available at-large bids. I have 28 teams at least marginally competing for those 14 bids.

28 Bubble Teams Heading Into Selection Sunday Week (current RPI): Saint Bonaventure (27), Oregon State (30), Saint Joseph's (33), Cincinnati (40), VCU (41), Providence (44), USC (45), Butler (46), Wichita State (48), Vanderbilt (49), Tulsa (51), South Carolina (53), Florida (55), Pitt (56), UConn (58), Syracuse (60), George Washington (63), Gonzaga (64), Michigan (68), Florida State (69), Georgia Tech (71), Georgia (72), BYU (73), Houston (75), Alabama (76), Ohio State (77), Washington (82), LSU (90)

Monday Bubble Slate
#73 BYU @ #64 Gonzaga, 10:30 (ESPN2) -- Certainly the loser is completely eliminated from at-large conversation.

Sunday Bubble Results
#40 Cincinnato beat SMU
#58 UConn beat UCF

Monmouth and Valpo going down. Out of Wichita State, Valpo, Iona...think any are in? I see you don't list them but Lunardi and others think some of them are in.

Zags/BYU should be a good game. Get the popcorn out...late night even in Arizona.

Monmouth and Valpo going down. Out of Wichita State, Valpo, Iona...think any are in? I see you don't list them but Lunardi and others think some of them are in.

It's early in the week so tough to say. I like Monmouth the best of those 3 because I tend to put more emphasis on quality wins than bad losses. As of today I'd say Monmouth will get a bid, Wichita State could go either way, and I think Valpo is out.

It's early in the week so tough to say. I like Monmouth the best of those 3 because I tend to put more emphasis on quality wins than bad losses. As of today I'd say Monmouth will get a bid, Wichita State could go either way, and I think Valpo is out.

Thanks...and of course, I meant Monmouth, not Iona in the 2nd sentence.

Top Bottom