Bubblicious Gopher Wish List (Monday)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Since the Gophers appear intent on being a bubble team, here are a couple games Gopher fans can pay attention to tonight:

1. Texas over Texas A&M (Longhorns can pretty much bury Aggies' slim at-large hopes)
2. Iona over Siena (Siena would be a longshot at-large hopeful if it fails to win MAAC tourney)

Unfortunately it has become

a more significant issue. Too bad we cant just win some games. Hopefully the guys will get it together and just win their way in. Thanks for these posts.

So true. I'm hoping Gophers win 2 this week and pretty much seal the deal. Then they'd only need to win 1 of their last 3.

Go 1-1 this week & the Gophers will be in the exact same position (if not worse with a loss to Michigan) next Monday.

I was surprised to look back on the schedule to find that -counting the Michigan game this week- 7 of our last 10 games will have been road games. That's a tough stretch.

The Big 10 schedule

The thing that really stuck out when I first saw the Gophers' Big 10 schedule was that we played our first 2 games and our last 2 games at home. Those 14 games in between were going to be spent mostly on the road. The Gophers need to survive that stretch, and I think largely they will have done that IF they beat Michigan on Thursday. If we don't beat Michigan on Thursday, it's pretty much coming down to, can we protect our home court the rest of the way? Stranger things have happened, but I don't see a "W" at Illinois in our future. So absent a win Thursday any loss at The Barn could be fatal, minus a couple wins at the BTT.

Top Bottom