BTN's Tom Dienhart: Your team's 2014 cupcake game (For MN: Eastern Illinois)

You've started the predict the score contest already? Awesome.

No but that will be mine whenthe time comes. :cool02:

But if ya want it to start, I as Commissioner, can allow that, spoofin.

I hate when media people who have nothing better to do start stupid discussions like this. There is no such thing as a cupcake game. Not anymore. Any opponent who isn't taken seriously can jump up and bite you in the ass.

Eastern Illinois was 12-2 last season, with one of the losses by 4 points to NIU. Anyone who knows the Gophers' recent history vs. FCS opponents would be a fool to take this game lightly. It's not like the Gophers have steamrolled over their FCS visitors.

New head coach for the upcoming season, but eastern Illinois was a good team last year. The game may be a toss up.

Eastern Illinois was 12-2 last season, with one of the losses by 4 points to NIU. Anyone who knows the Gophers' recent history vs. FCS opponents would be a fool to take this game lightly. It's not like the Gophers have steamrolled over their FCS visitors.

Yup. And if they have that Mizzou WR the Gophers better be ready to play

And if they have that Mizzou WR

Sounds like he is still trying to decide if he is going to play next year for EIU or sit out a year a la Tyrann Mathieu. This article from May 27th makes it seem like he won't be playing as the Panthers "have not had contact with Green-Beckham and have been led to believe he's leaning toward sitting in 2014."

You see it on both BTN and the ESPN blog around this time of year. They run out of stuff to write about so they put together pointless articles like this one.

EIU went 12-2 with a QB who was drafted in the 2nd round by the Patriots.

THey have the same question as the Gophers, will they be able to throw.

Top Bottom