BTN's Tom Dienhart on the Gophers 1997 Final Four team

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dienhart's Q&A:

In your breakdown of most dominant Big Ten teams in the last 25 years, you didn’t have Minnesota’s Final Four team of 1996-1997. I do not care what the NCAA says, this team was the real deal! – Dr. Trygstad

I agree, that was a formidable team. And I considered including the Gophers. But, the fact the NCAA stripped Minnesota’s appearance in the Final Four for an egregious academic fraud scandal, I opted to exclude Clem Haskins’ squad. It’s too bad. There was a lot of talent in Dinkytown on that club, including Courtney James, Bobby Jackson, Sam Jacobson, Quincy Lewis and Eric Harris, among others. Yes, I know I included the 1992-93 Michigan team, but that team made two consecutive national title game appearance and is one of the most recognizable Big Ten teams ever.

http://btn.com/2016/03/02/mailbag-unbalanced-schedules-coach-of-the-year-more/

Go Gophers!!

per Dienhart's Q&A:

In your breakdown of most dominant Big Ten teams in the last 25 years, you didn’t have Minnesota’s Final Four team of 1996-1997. I do not care what the NCAA says, this team was the real deal! – Dr. Trygstad

I agree, that was a formidable team. And I considered including the Gophers. But, the fact the NCAA stripped Minnesota’s appearance in the Final Four for an egregious academic fraud scandal, I opted to exclude Clem Haskins’ squad. It’s too bad. There was a lot of talent in Dinkytown on that club, including Courtney James, Bobby Jackson, Sam Jacobson, Quincy Lewis and Eric Harris, among others. Yes, I know I included the 1992-93 Michigan team, but that team made two consecutive national title game appearance and is one of the most recognizable Big Ten teams ever.

http://btn.com/2016/03/02/mailbag-unbalanced-schedules-coach-of-the-year-more/

Go Gophers!!
Hypocrite! you either exclude both programs or neither. Plus the Chris weber scandal involved an FBI probe and he lied to a Grad Jury

Plus, those Michigan teams didn't even win a Big ten title. How does that fit the definition of dominant?

Nobody who reads that will think it makes sense, not even Michigan fans. BTN continues to expose themselves as whores to the boutique teams in the league.

Top Bottom