BTN's Tom Dienhart on Gophers: "This program is filled with good juju."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
In his early look at the West Division:

3. Minnesota

The Good: A standout secondary should continue to excel with three starters back. CBs Eric Murray and Briean Boddy-Calhoun are a top-flight tandem. The offense can build around three returning linemen. DT Steven Richardson, LB De’Vondre Campbell and DE Thieren Cockran are studs for an always underrated and always well-coached defense. This program is filled with good juju.

The Bad: Yes, QB Mitch Leidner is back. But he must improve a passing game that ranked No. 13 in the Big Ten (141.8 ypg). Where are the wide receivers? Heart-and-soul RB David Cobb is gone. TE Maxx Williams declared for draft. Who will make plays on offense? The defense took some hits, too, with two linemen gone and the unit’s top player: Damien Wilson.

http://btn.com/2015/01/16/big-ten-football-taking-an-early-look-at-the-west-division/

Go Gophers!!

Nebraska and wisco will not come into our house with new coaches and win. We will take the west at 6-2

I expect nothing less from Dienhart.... after all, this hunyuck took Iowa to win the west last year..

Nebraska and wisco will not come into our house with new coaches and win. We will take the west at 6-2

We better hope Nebraska plays a good game against Wisconsin if you think we can win the west at 6-2. I would not be surprised to have wisconsin go undefeated in conference play until they see us... they just don't play anyone. Maybe Maryland could get lucky?

We better hope Nebraska plays a good game against Wisconsin if you think we can win the west at 6-2. I would not be surprised to have wisconsin go undefeated in conference play until they see us... they just don't play anyone. Maybe Maryland could get lucky?

@Nebraska will be a tough one for them. Nebraska has to beat them sooner or later right? lol

I could also see Maryland giving them a run for their money, or even Iowa who usually surprises in a game or two every year. However, Iowa is looking to have a down year next year.

You're right though. Nebraska and Maryland certainly look like our only hopes for them to get another loss.

I thought JuJu left to throw parties???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mention of three receivers ready to roll, offensive line rebuild is a small ? No mention of Lynn, Poock returning. He doesn't know the roster as well as my daughter.

No mention of three receivers ready to roll, offensive line rebuild is a small ? No mention of Lynn, Poock returning. He doesn't know the roster as well as my daughter.

Why would a media member waste time mentioning 3* recruits that haven't played a snap?

Notice how he didn't mention (or rarely) mentioned people who haven't played.

Put your pitchfork down.

38570.jpg

I thought JuJu left to throw parties???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I still laugh when I think about Jew Jew's last game. There he was in the 4th quarter, out of shape and breath, signaling helplessly for the coaches to take him out but not getting any relief. I know we were thin on the line but I suspect the coaches left him in there as some sort of punishment. Only Jew Jew could get punished by playing rather than getting benched.

I suspect that most media members outside of MN (and quite a few in MN) could not rattle off the Gopher depth chart past the top players. Ask most casual fans or national media types about the Gophers, and they will mention Cobb and Maxx - two players who will not be back next year.

As Flurry said, no one really knows how good the redshirts are going to be. The Gophs have a lot of question marks going into next season. Only time (and playing time) will tell the results.

I suspect that most media members outside of MN (and quite a few in MN) could not rattle off the Gopher depth chart past the top players. Ask most casual fans or national media types about the Gophers, and they will mention Cobb and Maxx - two players who will not be back next year.

As Flurry said, no one really knows how good the redshirts are going to be. The Gophs have a lot of question marks going into next season. Only time (and playing time) will tell the results.

So are you saying "Only the Shadow knows?"

He's a Big 10 Football writer, I don't expect him to know the Nationals Starting Rotation. But these cursory thoughts are worthless. I could care less what he thinks about the program. Its obvious he knows very little.

Wouldn't hurt for this guy to do a little research. Yes we are losing Cobb, but we are also adding to our backfield the most talented recruit of the Kill era. You'd think a BTN analyst would be touting the addition of an Under Armour All-American MVP in the hopes of boosting ratings and hype. But he plays for Minnesota, not tOSU or Michigan, so no one even knows he's in the league.

Top Bottom