BTN's Tom Dienhart: "Gophers are trending up; the Hawkeyes? They are trending down."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
BTN's Tom Dienhart: "Gophers are trending up; the Hawkeyes? They are trending down."

per Tom Dienhart:

Why do you pick Minnesota to beat Iowa even in a worst-case scenario for the Golden Gophers? Iowa beat the Gophers in Iowa City last year pretty easily and then went to Michigan State and won. Yes, Iowa lost in Minnesota the last two times it visited the Gophers, but the games were close. – Ed Crawford

Well, as you stated: Minnesota beat Iowa each of the last two times it visited the Twin Cities. The Gophers are trending up; the Hawkeyes? They are trending down. I also think the teams are close in talent, and I like the stability of the Gophers staff compared to the tumult at Iowa the last two seasons. So, factor that in with the home-field advantage, and I think Minnesota will win—even in my worst-case scenario for the Gophers.

http://btn.com/2013/08/09/mailbag-a...thy-big-ten-favorite/?cmp=user+shared+twitter

Go Gophers!!

I will bet that pantherhawk is going ballistic!!!

I have mixed feelings about Iowa. I know Ferentz is paid like a superstar coach and has been mediocre the last 5 years, but I'm not sure who they are going to get that's better. I wonder if they'd be better to renegotiate his contract down 30% and only let him go if he refuses. He still has name recognition and has led a sucessful program there. Either way, I hope we smack them good this year.

I have mixed feelings about Iowa. I know Ferentz is paid like a superstar coach and has been mediocre the last 5 years, but I'm not sure who they are going to get that's better. I wonder if they'd be better to renegotiate his contract down 30% and only let him go if he refuses. He still has name recognition and has led a sucessful program there. Either way, I hope we smack them good this year.

Why would Ferentz do that? By taking a 30% cut he would earn less than if was fired. His contract puts him in the power seat when it comes to financial security. He wins if he stays and he wins if they fire him.:confused:

Before that game I bet the Gophers will be favored.

Minnesota is in a much better position than Iowa right now! I really can't see the Hawkeyes improving any over last season. This is going to be KF's last year in Iowa City! Gophers will beat them this fall also! Go Gophers!!

Losing Ross Pierschbacher is a huge blow to KF. This guy makes more pancakes than Perkins. What an amazing tackle.

"Makin'bacon pancakes!" that little song has been running through my head for months on end and I had just rid myself of it when this conversation of tackles, pancakes and KF came up! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Top Bottom