BTN's Jess Settles: One question for every Big Ten basketball team

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Settles:

MINNESOTA Can Jordan Murphy turn around the Gophers?
In a league full of super sophs, Jordan Murphy sometimes gets overlooked. From day one, he has been one of the Big Ten’s best rebounders (8 rpg). Now, its time to see if he put in major work this summer. If Murphy has improved defensively and added range to his offensive game, the new-look Gophers will upset a few teams.

http://btn.com/2016/11/09/settles-one-question-for-every-big-ten-basketball-team/

Go Gophers!!

Hanging our hats on one player for the success of our team. I wish it was that clear cut. My perspective is coming from the other angle. I'm not worried about Jordan's ability to be effective. Plus strengthening aspects of his game is a bonus. Rather I think the key to Jordan having an opportunity to be effective hinges on our other players being a threat and most importantly on our perimeter game. We were bottom dwellers in our three point game last year. 3p: 284th, 3pa: 231st, 3p%: 312th in the nation. It's a lot easier for our opponents to defend the paint when they're gladly willing to give up the 3 point game.

I'm so excited to start the season on Friday! Go Gophs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mention of Mason who will probably be one of the better PG's in the league and a much better supporting cast.

My question for Jess Settles: What's your favorite memory from the 9 seasons you played for the Hawkeye basketball team?

Hanging our hats on one player for the success of our team. I wish it was that clear cut. My perspective is coming from the other angle. I'm not worried about Jordan's ability to be effective. Plus strengthening aspects of his game is a bonus. Rather I think the key to Jordan having an opportunity to be effective hinges on our other players being a threat and most importantly on our perimeter game. We were bottom dwellers in our three point game last year. 3p: 284th, 3pa: 231st, 3p%: 312th in the nation. It's a lot easier for our opponents to defend the paint when they're gladly willing to give up the 3 point game.

Those three point stats might have a difficult time improving this season. Will the production from 3 that Akeem and Hurt offer this year equal the threat of defending Joey King last year to open things up inside? We might have to wait until next year for notable improvement in the three ball game.

There so many changes from last year that comparisons to last year are ridiculous.

There so many changes from last year that comparisons to last year are ridiculous.

this. . . .there is not one position that we are weaker in this year, in fact even the first man off the bench at every position is better than what we had last year. Worrying about Jordan having to carry more of the team this year is not an issue, if he does its because he has developed into a ' you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him' type of a player.

Those three point stats might have a difficult time improving this season. Will the production from 3 that Akeem and Hurt offer this year equal the threat of defending Joey King last year to open things up inside? We might have to wait until next year for notable improvement in the three ball game.

Hurt may be the best pure shooter the Gophers have had since Hoffarber, it would have to translate into game points but I think the kid has a top notch stroke.

Top Bottom