BTN2Go - Online streaming

nooram

Leave my member out of it!
Reaction score
http://www.bigtennetwork.com/generic/video/BTN2Go

What is BTN2Go?
BTN2Go is a live 24/7 multi-platform extension of BTN that gives fans the ability to watch the network live wherever they are via the internet, mobile phone or tablet.

What programming is available on BTN2Go?
BTN2Go features a live feed of all BTN television programming, including live game telecasts. BTN2Go viewers also will have on-demand access to BTN’s deep video archive, including current season games from the Big Ten Conference’s television partners. Original series such as The Journey, Big Ten Icons, Big Ten’s Best and The Big Ten’s Greatest Games, as well as game highlights and coaches shows, will be available.

Do I get BTN2Go?
Cable and satellite companies who have agreed to carry BTN2Go will begin offering it to subscribers this fall. As of July 26, DIRECTV, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable and Charter will begin offering BTN2Go to its subscribers this fall.

How much does it cost?
There is no additional cost with a BTN subscription.

Do I need to receive BTN at home to get BTN2Go?
Yes.

How do I watch BTN2Go?
This fall, BTN2Go will be available on three platforms: the Internet; iPad and iPhone. On the internet, fans will go to www.BTN2Go.com, choose their provider, enter their login information and then have full access to BTN2Go’s services. On the iPad and iPhone, fans will launch the BTN2Go app (which will be free in Apple’s app store), choose their provider and enter their login information to have full access to BTN2Go. Specific launch dates for each platform will be forthcoming.

When will BTN2Go be available on android services?
BTN is exploring other platforms for BTN2Go, including Android.

Will BTN still stream other events that are not televised?
Yes, BTN will continue to stream hundreds of additional non-televised events through BTN.com. For more information, go to www.BTN.com.

I live overseas. Can I get BTN2Go? If I can’t how do I access BTN football and basketball games?
BTN2Go is not available overseas. However, BTN continues to offer “Big Ten Ticket,” which is an international streaming subscription service that includes every BTN football and men’s basketball telecast to viewers outside of the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. This year, for the first time, Big Ten Ticket will also include next day, on-demand access to all Big Ten games, including all Big Ten Conference television partners. For more information, go to www.bigtenticket.com.

On football Saturdays when BTN airs more than one game at a time, will I be able to pick which game I want to see on BTN2Go?
Yes, every BTN telecast will be available on BTN2Go. If BTN is televising three games simultaneously, but your provider is only carrying two, you will be able to find the third game on BTN2Go. Additionally, when the network airs back-to-back games, if the first game runs long and overlaps with the second game, fans will be able to watch the second game on BTN2Go. BTN will continue its television coverage of the first game and join the second game in progress.

This is pretty awesome. Remember to bump this up whn it gets closer to the season so we don't have to see the "I live in X, where can I watch the game?" threads.

This is pretty awesome. Remember to bump this up whn it gets closer to the season so we don't have to see the "I live in X, where can I watch the game?" threads.

Here's the problem:

How much does it cost?
There is no additional cost with a BTN subscription.

I wish they would make this a la carte. I don't get cable, but I would be willing to pay for an online subscription.

Yeah. An app would be nice, but they've got to make their cash.

Yeah. An app would be nice, but they've got to make their cash.

That's true, but I get annoyed that I have to order the digital level of cable service just to get the one channel I want. I would be willing to spend probably $25 a month just for access to the BTN and the BTN alone. I don't want to have to pay over double that for all the other crap. My wife is starting medical school and we will be on a pretty tight budget, so I don't think that will work.

On the other hand, it sounds like if I had the login information from a friend, I could go online and watch the games via their account, right?

Top Bottom