BTN: Unit Rankings - Defensive Line (Minn #12)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
12. Minnesota – There is lots to prove for a unit that is long on inexperience and short on depth. It also hurts that Brandon Kirksey and Anthony Jacobs are gone. End Ben Perry is being counted on to rush off the edge. D.L. Wilhite must lead and produce at the other end for a team that hasn’t had a good pass rush in eons. If you are looking for a potential future star, check out tackle Ra’Shede Hageman, who is built like a Coke machine and could be a future pro if he matures and works hard. Roland Johnson is set at nose. This group must avoid getting pushed around for Minnesota to have any hope for an average defense.

http://btn.com/2012/06/06/unit-rankings-2012-big-ten-defensive-lines/?cmp=user+shared+twitter

Go Gophers!!

These BTN rankings will be fun fodder to look back on if the gophers have any success at all this year. 7th at QB, 11th at O Line, 12th on D line. Yikes.

These BTN rankings will be fun fodder to look back on if the gophers have any success at all this year. 7th at QB, 11th at O Line, 12th on D line. Yikes.

I honestly think they put virtually no effort into these at all, save for maybe giving Ohio St. and Michigan a little extra evaluation time. They have in their minds where the teams will finish at the end of the year, and then every position group is rated in the same vicinity, maybe +/- 2 spots. Minnesota sucks and will finish 11th or 12th, so therefore every single position group sucks, right? I put as much stock into these analyses as I do into Enema's statements about Minnesota being in-state recruiting.

I honestly think they put virtually no effort into these at all, save for maybe giving Ohio St. and Michigan a little extra evaluation time. They have in their minds where the teams will finish at the end of the year, and then every position group is rated in the same vicinity, maybe +/- 2 spots. Minnesota sucks and will finish 11th or 12th, so therefore every single position group sucks, right? I put as much stock into these analyses as I do into Enema's statements about Minnesota being in-state recruiting.

Did you really expect anything else? This team was absolutely terrible in every way last year and even though we had a great recruiting class you can't really count on them doing anything for us during the off season.

Did you really expect anything else? This team was absolutely terrible in every way last year and even though we had a great recruiting class you can't really count on them doing anything for us during the off season.

Why not? This came from the Big Ten Network. Their sole purpose is to focus on the Big Ten. It's not too much to ask.

We had a great recruiting class? #72 in the nation, four spots below Arkansas STATE is great? If we had a "great recruiting class" at #72, can you imagine what the 71 teams ahead of us must think of their class?

We had a great recruiting class? #72 in the nation, four spots below Arkansas STATE is great? If we had a "great recruiting class" at #72, can you imagine what the 71 teams ahead of us must think of their class?

Great for Minnesota standards.

I don't know, but to me, being rated #11 OL and #12 DL looks to me like some bulletin board motivation.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that statement...

I wouldn't put too much stock in that statement. Anyone with Goofer as part of their screen name is most likely a troll. sounds like a name Pantherhawk would have.

For what it's worth, Hopefully the DL will bond quickly and avoid any serious injuries.

Like the receiver ranking, I don't have a problem with a #12 ranking. This unit has been bad for more than a decade. Not only were we bad, we lost our two best players. I'm hoping we end the season with a top 5 D line, but time will tell.

Were we suppose to ban trolls or just ignore them?

Sorry but I am just using logic here man. The Gophers weren't very good last year. This cannot be argued. We had one of the worst recruiting classes in the B10 based on rivals/espn/etc. This again cannot be argued. It shouldn't come as a shock that most of our units are ranked dead last.

I, for one, love some of the kids in our class in Nelson/McDonald/Pirsig/Harbison. I feel they will outplay where they were ranked but until we see what they can do it's hard and illogical to put them another unit that was rated higher.

It's funny that whenever anyone posts any negativity they get labeled a troll.

Sorry but I am just using logic here man. The Gophers weren't very good last year. This cannot be argued. We had one of the worst recruiting classes in the B10 based on rivals/espn/etc. This again cannot be argued. It shouldn't come as a shock that most of our units are ranked dead last.

I, for one, love some of the kids in our class in Nelson/McDonald/Pirsig/Harbison. I feel they will outplay where they were ranked but until we see what they can do it's hard and illogical to put them another unit that was rated higher.

It's funny that whenever anyone posts any negativity they get labeled a troll.

Read your posts. It's funny when someone only posts negativity they get labeled a troll because, you know, you are... Goofer!:drink:

Top Bottom