BTN SUCKS

CentralGopher

Reaction score
I am not sure anyone mentioned this before but I am officially ready to go back to FSN for all gopher football and basketball games. The announcers are continually terrible on BTN and got the name of our opponent wrong at least twice Saturday. They actually called them San Diego State at one point. I would deal with not being able to watch the occasional game as long as someone else is doing the announcing. We are not even getting to see all of the basketball games this year. I do realize Tennessee Tech was not exactly top notch but I would still be a fan and watch. I thought BTN was supposed to correct that issue. It looks to me that they suckered us all in to paying a higher price to get their network and now are going to start cutting games and will never have decent announcers. I have always prefered listening to Dick Bremer and Kevin Lynch for basketball then the goofs we have to put up with now.

BTN gives the Gs a huge national TV network setup and promotional platform completely overshadowing the regional focus of FSN.

That's why the conference setup BTN...the universities want the huge national exposure for alumni support, recruiting, fan base development and incremental revenues to support their respective athletic departments.

BTN is just getting underway...it's going to become a bigger deal.

I'm with New England here. They are not good now, but will be as they get better on-air talent and form a better relationship with the teams.

It can't be any worse than the ESPN2 team for the Syracuse game, can it????

Give the BTN some time to "develop" some annoucing teams. All the great ones have chemistry that come with working together for a few years.(I.E. Musburger and Herby-2 quick side notes 1. When Musburger contract with ABC/ESPN runs out the BTN would be really smart to sign him easily my favorite play-by-play guy in the biz and 2. I kinda hope the BTN comes up with a College GameDay type program on campus everybody loves seems to love that show, why not try it BTN) It has come along way in the short time it has been on the air. The first games the first year were terrible. It really has improved. The one show that I have thought has gone down hill from the beginning is Friday Night Tailgate. At first is was really funny with the guys on different campuses now its terrible. They try to be funny but fail. Jordan is the worst he thinks is funny but really he a D-Bag that can't come up with a decent joke. Mike Hall is good as is Chrissa Thompson. I hope they refrom it a little bit but keep it around because its a great show concept.

you don't know bad

I think it was Jefferson sports/pilot (or something like that) that used to be partnered with the SEC. Holy Reusse they were bad.

After one of those games, you thought Pam Ward was a play-by-play genius.

Like many sporting events on TV, I'll usually turn the sound off and listen to music and watch the game.

I loved Ron Johnson as a Gopher but as an announcer of Gopher games he is clearly the worst EVER. And Rosen isn't much better. He said San Diego State three times and Johnson said it once. The video is ok but the audio is horrible. These guys are worse than cable access kids doing high school games.

Why do we have such horrible announcers here locally. I mean Paul Allen is excited but sounds like he's doing TV play-by-play. Dave Lee of course is a disaster although Mona is good. Daryl just repeats what you say to him. Mike Grim is second-rate at basketball with all his "take me throughs". John Gordon is the worst major league announcer. To think the Twins once had Ray Scott. And now the bored Gladden and the boring Gordon.

Then we have the immortal Sid Fartman and his "pardon me???" on Sunday morning. He has done more to HARM Gopher football than anyone in history. His constant support of the mediocre coaches we've had has been harmful. Now he's claiming the reason the Gophers have been terrible is because we've lost Decker. Have you guys seen Stanford's freshman qb play? When he's under pressure, he moves out of the pocket and gets a lst down.

That's what seems to be missing with Weber this year. He hasn't moved around very much back there. Although when you look at the replay of the games, he hasn't had anywhere else to go. At times he's had not one but two or even three players coming thru our O line. I agree on Decker. The better teams were taking him out of the game so we couldn't rely competely on him even when he was healthy. Try telling Sid that though and he'd take a hostage.

Top Bottom