BTN shows what it really thinks of Minnesota

gopherguy05

Section 246 Row 4
Reaction score
Just watched my DVR'd copy of Friday Night Tailgate.

FNT crew in Madison.
The Big Ten Studio Crew is in....Ann Arbor
Charissa Thompson is in...Happy Valley.

In the hour and a half show, how much airtime did the gopher game get.....I actually counted. 47 seconds.

We got some dumb bimbo who couldn't even get her facts about "TCF Stadium" correct.

It just really shows how much the BTN gives a crap about Minnesota....

FNT crew in Madison.

In the hour and a half show, how much airtime did the gopher game get.....I actually counted. 47 seconds.

We got some dumb bimbo who couldn't even get her facts about "TCF Stadium" correct.

fyi - just so you are aware and perhaps less angry

1.) the BTN will have their top announcing crew covering the minnesota game tomorrow. 2.) the BTN will have charissa thompson on the minnesota sideline during the game. 3.) not sure, but i would also expect that they are going to do a pre-game build up type show from in front of the stadium or on the field as well.

i kind of get what you are saying (don't necessarily agree), but they do still have to cover the rest of the conference independent of the fact that we are opening a new stadium tomorrow.

You think that's bad? I have ON DEMAND, I got to the Big Ten Network section for GAME HIGHLIGHTS of WEEK 1 and guess what? Every teams highlights are on there...except ours...even boring as Indiana-Eastern Kentucky made the cut, smh.......

FNT crew in Madison.

I'll make it simple for you "They played it safe", No one knows what Friday nights on campus will be like, we haven't played on campus in 27 years. I'll bet they do a show later in the season after they know what to expect. Anything they tried to do tonight would be a guess and producers don't get paid to guess.

1.) the BTN will have their top announcing crew covering the minnesota game tomorrow. 2.) the BTN will have charissa thompson on the minnesota sideline during the game. 3.) not sure, but i would also expect that they are going to do a pre-game build up type show from in front of the stadium or on the field as well.

i kind of get what you are saying (don't necessarily agree), but they do still have to cover the rest of the conference independent of the fact that we are opening a new stadium tomorrow.
She will be in State College for the PSU/Syracuse game--like they said on FNT last night.

Charissa Thompson is in Happy Valley today, not Minnesota. Rebecca Haarlow is the sideline reporter tonight Gophers game.

Charissa Thompson is in Happy Valley today, not Minnesota. Rebecca Haarlow is the sideline reporter tonight Gophers game.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! That's it , i'm driving to happy valley!

FYI - When the Big Ten Network provided the lineup of games prior to week 1, our game versus Syracuse was not listed.

FNT crew in Madison.

We need to win some games. When we do, we'll be a big draw- at the gate and on the tube.

FYI - When the Big Ten Network provided the lineup of games prior to week 1, our game versus Syracuse was not listed.

Exactly.......

What's worse is we're the only game not listed, it has nothing to do with ESPN either because they have Michigan, Illinois & Ohio State's game which weren't covered by the BTN.......

We weren't listed because we had the only true road game of the weekend. BTN can't show those highlights because ESPN holds the rights to the Syracuse game. BTN only holds the rights to B10 home games

We weren't listed because we had the only true road game of the weekend. BTN can't show those highlights because ESPN holds the rights to the Syracuse game. BTN only holds the rights to B10 home games

I guess that makes sense.......but Illinois didn't play a home game, they played on a neutral field.......

Who cares, they cannot rain on our parade

Or take a Reusse on it, heck I wouldn't even mind a little rain it will not matter either way.
It's game time WHAT clack clack clack "Whose down with the sickness?"

BTN is following the ESPN formula of having 90% of your coverage on a few teams. ESPN covers the Yankees and Red Sox, BTN covers Ohio St. and Michigan.
It is a business, they are only going for the ratings.:cry:

Well here is what I think.......

Let's show the Gophers our support, wear gold and maroon and beat the crap out to the Falcons on the field. And then maybe we will get some more air time!!

Buck the Fadgers
I hate Iowa

Go Brew!!!

BTN has 11 teams to cover...they have not been that bad with the Gophers...lighten up a little.

FNT crew in Madison.

Lighten up.

gopherguy05 there are couple of other big games out there today in the B10.

I am sure the BTN 5pm Pre-Game Show will have plenty about the Gophers.

by common agreement...

At the end of the sporting event, ALL networks are allowed to show highlights from all other games regardless of network as long as the note from whom the footage was received. Most networks allow haltime shows to use the highlights as well as it is not live.

gopherguy05 there are couple of other big games out there today in the B10.

I am sure the BTN 5pm Pre-Game Show will have plenty about the Gophers.

They were just about to show a interview with Brewster and the tape didn't play.. Conspiracy?????? LOL!

Top Bottom