BTN: Ranking Big Ten West Special Team Units (#2. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

2. Minnesota. The Gophers have the reigning Big Ten Punter of the Year in Peter Mortell, who averaged 45.1 yards per boot in 2014. Ryan Santoso was a star freshman kicker. He has a monster leg that produced a 52-yard field goal and 38 touchbacks. Jalen Myrick lights up the return game. He ranked No. 2 in the Big Ten in kickoff returns last year, averaging 28.2 yards with a touchdown. Craig James has moves as a punt return man.

http://btn.com/2015/06/25/unit-rankings-nebraska-highlights-big-ten-west-special-teams/

Go Gophers!!

Not that these rankings matter but I don't see how Nebraska is 1 and the U 2. Yes, Nebraska has a very good punt returner but that doesn't trump our better punter and kicker. To put it another way, I would not trade our special team players for Nebraska's.

hate to say it but were underrated

Not that these rankings matter but I don't see how Nebraska is 1 and the U 2. Yes, Nebraska has a very good punt returner but that doesn't trump our better punter and kicker. To put it another way, I would not trade our special team players for Nebraska's.

Phil Steele has the Gophers rated #2 as well. Well, he rates Gophers Special Teams #2 in the NCAA.

Top Bottom