BTN Q&A w/ Fleck: I didn’t come here for second place. I came here to get it done.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
BTN Q&A w/ Fleck: I didn’t come here for second place. I came here to get it done.

per Fleck Q&A on BTN.com:

Q: When do you start your day?

A: I get up about 4:30. I get a workout in. I usually run at noon. Depending on the day, we begin in the morning with a leadership council meeting where I have the players in once a week around 6 o’clock. And we have a staff meeting. And then we go to work. I have meetings all day with different people, talking about things ranging from uniform stuff to recruiting to media, and I also talk with boosters. I am full to noon and give myself 30 minutes and it starts back over. I’m usually going out to lunch with someone each day and going to dinner with someone each night. And also going to the Wild game, the Timberwolves game or one of our games at Minnesota with different sports. We also are holding Junior Days and spring practice. Always a lot going on.

Q: When do you get home?

A: It depends. I’m probably in bed about 11:30. It goes so fast. Each day is full of just so much to do, accomplish and change.

Q: Can Minnesota win the Big Ten West some day?

A: We work on winning the day. That’s all we work on. We have to be better than we were the day before every day. We have visions and we have dreams of winning the Big Ten West. Whenever we are ready to do that, we will accomplish that. That is why I came here. I didn’t come here for second place. I didn’t come here to try to do it. I came here to get it done. We did the same things at Western Michigan. Everyone takes my energy for promise right away. That isn’t what I’m here to do. I’m here to build a culture of sustainability, a championship culture just like Barry Alvarez did at Wisconsin. It’s why they have had so much success the last 25 years, because of Barry’s culture. And he’s still in charge of it. That is what we want to be able to create. We have to establish that, connect the bridge from the 1930s, ’40s, ’50s and ’60s to today. That is what I here to do. Not to change tradition but to create a culture of connecting people to do things we’ve never done before.

Q: I have to ask: Have you had a Juicy Lucy yet?

A: Not yet. Unless it’s brought to me in the office. I am busy.

http://btn.com/2017/03/30/big-ten-qa-minnesota-head-football-coach-p-j-fleck/

Go Gophers!!

a little off-topic, but I noted the reference to "uniform stuff." I wonder if that means the Gophers are getting new uniforms. That will be a fun thread!

per Fleck Q&A on BTN.com:

Q: When do you start your day?

A: I get up about 4:30. I get a workout in. I usually run at noon. Depending on the day, we begin in the morning with a leadership council meeting where I have the players in once a week around 6 o’clock. And we have a staff meeting. And then we go to work. I have meetings all day with different people, talking about things ranging from uniform stuff to recruiting to media, and I also talk with boosters. I am full to noon and give myself 30 minutes and it starts back over. I’m usually going out to lunch with someone each day and going to dinner with someone each night. And also going to the Wild game, the Timberwolves game or one of our games at Minnesota with different sports. We also are holding Junior Days and spring practice. Always a lot going on.

Q: When do you get home?

A: It depends. I’m probably in bed about 11:30. It goes so fast. Each day is full of just so much to do, accomplish and change.

Q: Can Minnesota win the Big Ten West some day?

A: We work on winning the day. That’s all we work on. We have to be better than we were the day before every day. We have visions and we have dreams of winning the Big Ten West. Whenever we are ready to do that, we will accomplish that. That is why I came here. I didn’t come here for second place. I didn’t come here to try to do it. I came here to get it done. We did the same things at Western Michigan. Everyone takes my energy for promise right away. That isn’t what I’m here to do. I’m here to build a culture of sustainability, a championship culture just like Barry Alvarez did at Wisconsin. It’s why they have had so much success the last 25 years, because of Barry’s culture. And he’s still in charge of it. That is what we want to be able to create. We have to establish that, connect the bridge from the 1930s, ’40s, ’50s and ’60s to today. That is what I here to do. Not to change tradition but to create a culture of connecting people to do things we’ve never done before.

Q: I have to ask: Have you had a Juicy Lucy yet?

A: Not yet. Unless it’s brought to me in the office. I am busy.

http://btn.com/2017/03/30/big-ten-qa-minnesota-head-football-coach-p-j-fleck/

Go Gophers!!

I was worried for a second that he was saying "We ain't come (here) to play school" (Cardale Jones).

Top Bottom