BTN Q&A: Ra'Shede Hageman: 'I still have soft hands'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the BTN:

Q: Was the game at Northwestern last Saturday one of the better efforts of your career?
A: I would say so. Up until that point, I really wasn’t making a lot of plays in the backfield. I tried to do what I could as far as swatting down balls. And I got my first interception. I was just trying to find ways to help the team win.

Q: Are you the best defensive tackle in the Big Ten?
A: I want to be. We all want to be the best. But I want to remain humble. I let my actions do the speaking. We play to be the best, and that’s what I strive for. I have things to work on to be the best, but I am striving for it.

http://btn.com/2013/10/22/rashede-hageman-i-still-have-soft-hands/

Go Gophers!!

It would be nice to see them Use Hageman on offense as a reward for sticking with D

Hageman was recruited as an offensive football player after all by the previous staff. I know this staff doesn't owe him anything but it would be nice to install a wrinkle in the offense in goal line situations where big Shede was tackle eligible or a Tight end and they threw him a pass. The guy has the hands to grab a football and he was pretty good tight end in high school. This is not a look we have shown and nobody would expect anything out of a defensive tackle lined up at tight end. He is not a blazer but the guy can grab and hold on to a football.

They the defense would not expect him to catch a throw back screen off of play action on a toss sweep, they would not expect him to run a dig route and catch the ball, and they sure as heck would have a hard time blocking him in short yardage situations. Big #99 on offense would be a surprise wrinkle that would catch a lot of defenses off guard if anything he would draw a lot of attention to himslef as a decoy and it would panic the defense to see them in there because then they would know something is up that they have not seen before. Ah the surprise element is probably ruined talking about it.

It would take an ideal game situation to plug a play like this in but it would likely have the potential for an explosive play.
I doubt we will see it but Shede he definately can catch a football and go up and get it if they need him to.

Top Bottom