BTN Comments on Game

ncgo4

Reaction score
BTN, including coach Mason said this is huge trap game for Minnesota. They pointed out that we are coming off a good outing against a very good team, thinking very highly of ourselves. NU is coming off a loss feeling that they have something to prove. They pointed out that Mn is 2-23 (or there about) in games the week before our biggest rivalry - Wisconsin.

4-0 they think we'll lose.

Interesting the difference between the outside media and the local.

Tough

I would probably fall into the "apoligist" category in the following sense: It's one thing to say we should go 5-3 or 6-2, it's an entirely different thing to do it. At Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin, at PSU, as OSU, Illinois, Michigan St., Iowa. Do you see clearly 5 wins? I don't, although I think it's possible. Just because we have a slight bit of momentum doesn't mean the other 10 teams are slowing down.

That being said, games like tomorrow are the games we need to freaking win. At the latest, when the roster consists entirely of Brewster recruits, i fully expect to.

BTN, including coach Mason said this is huge trap game for Minnesota. They pointed out that we are coming off a good outing against a very good team, thinking very highly of ourselves. NU is coming off a loss feeling that they have something to prove. They pointed out that Mn is 2-23 (or there about) in games the week before our biggest rivalry - Wisconsin.

Those are mainly good points, except how high can a team feel about itself after a loss? I think that should motivate the team, not make them more cocky.

I think that we proved last week that we are the better team. With Marcus Sherels healthy, we should win the game. With him healthy, we would have had a very good shot at winning the game last week.

Though MN had a good game against Cal., they very much are still proving themselves. They have a lot of reasons to feel motivated, especially since Brew has taken the path that they should have one and is not interested in moral victories.

At the latest, when the roster consists entirely of Brewster recruits, i fully expect to.

This team would be 0-3 without Decker, Weber, and Triplett who are not Brewster's recruits.

This team would be 0-3 without Decker, Weber, and Triplett who are not Brewster's recruits.

Of course, with only Brewster recruits they'd be playing with only freshmen and sophs, which wouldn't make 0-3 all that surprising. Also, his recruits have made quite an impact themselves, as without Brandon Green making clutch 3rd down catches at Syracuse, that drive ends. Or if Cedric McKinley doesn't cause that fumble, who knows how that Air Force game ends? Or Marqueis Gray making that incredible catch to tie it up against Cal?

Anyway, this game does indeed have all the makings of a trap game, yes. But I think it is still a game we should win. The only reason I have pause is the fact that Kafka is throwing the ball awfully well and our pass defense really hasn't been all that tested so far, and has been victim to getting burnt a few times this year. Hopefully Sherels can help shore that up.

Art, Art, Art, Decker, Weber and Triplett are all upper classmen which is something none of Brewster's recruits are. Be patient my friend be patient, oh, and be rational as well.

Do you expect a bunch of fresh and sophs to be the leaders????

They're pretty motivated...it doesn't sound like anyone one on the team is buying into to the moral victory...as they shouldn't...They want to win bad and if they play to the level they did against cal and make strides with the o-line and run game they should be able to pull out a win tomorrow...remember NU is solid yes...but they can't hold a candle up to Cal.

I'm not sure they are falling for the trap in this instance either. I do however think Northwestern is pretty decent and at home. I think it'll be a good game.

and the few upperclassmen (jucos) that are brewsters guys are a big part of our team... our shutdown corner bpt, our do it all linebacker in simoni, our best past rushing end in ced mckinley. both our safeties are brewster's guys. our 4th linebacker, keanon cooper, our 2 dt's that play as much as our starting dt's, are both sophs and brewster's guys. the list goes on and on.

Art

I'm not a fan of Arts but it was a funny point.

I thought the "Trap" theory on BTN was absurd. We have something to prove, not NW. NW looked pretty bad in all their games so far, and are probably worse than last year. We lost to NW two years in a row and this team and Brewster definitely want this game. We lost last week, and didn't get any preseason respect. Why would we think we are a great team and "come out flat" (BTN statement) and look past NW?

Gophers 31 - NW 16

I thought the first rule of the four pack was that you are never supposed to talk about the four pack? :eek:

I agree in my heart. The thing about trends is that they are trends until they are stopped. I think we beat NU, but we've lost a whole lot of games the week prior to Wisconsin.

Go Gophers prove Mason and his friends wrong!

I think their analysis of the situation is way off here. Northwestern may indeed win this ballgame, but NOT because they lost last week in a close game. In all sports, losing in devastating ways usually ends up in a slide, not something bigger. Minnesota is indeed feeling ok about itself after last game, even after losing, because they know how good Cal is. So their confidence remains. NU lost close in a game they probably should have won; confidence will likely not be high for NU coming into the game. If they gain confidence, it's only because the Gophers somehow let them.

In 2003, did the Gophers come out roaring against MSU the week after they blew it against Michigan? I think not.

Why does anyone respond to Art? Just never-ending miserable postings. Please people, mark Art as an "Ignore Poster." I have and don't see his posts unless someone quotes him, then I'm forced to see it.

unfortunatly.....

Hilarious logic. I hope you are a bit.

he's not. Just the clown who stepped into the Wren/Loon vacuum. I hate quoting this guy but "A Nattering Nehbob of Negitivity."

Top Bottom