BTN: Big Ten Survey: The most surprising men's hoops team so far is ... (3/4 say MN)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

Jeff Potrykus, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Despite the loss at MSU, I have to give that honor to Minnesota and head coach Richard Pitino. The Gophers were a train wreck last season, finishing 2-16 in the league and 8-23 overall. Despite an ugly loss Wednesday at MSU, Minnesota (15-3, 3-2) has more league and overall victories than it did all of last season. Appears to be the most improved team in the league.

Robin Washut, HuskerOnline.com: I’ve really been impressed with what Chris Collins has built at Northwestern. The Wildcats have the pieces and the veteran backcourt to not only make a serious run at the NCAA Tournament but possibly finally win a game in the Big Dance. Nebraska would be a close second given the fact that it’s 3-1 in the league despite everyone picking them as the worst team in the Big Ten coming into the season.

Kyle Austin, Mlive.com: Minnesota. The Gophers’ gaudy non-conference record wasn’t a mirage this year as it has been previous years under Pitino. Amir Coffey has been a revelation and the Gophers have already shown that they can play with anyone in this conference.

Tom Kakert, HawkeyeReport.com: I have to go with Minnesota. Coming off a rough year, expectations were low for the Gophers and they are playing well with road wins at Purdue and Northwestern. Their non-conference schedule was pretty soft but their start in league play has really been impressive and surprising.

http://btn.com/2017/01/12/big-ten-survey-the-most-surprising-mens-hoops-team-so-far-is/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom