BTN and broadcasting hockey games

Reaction score
Can they please get rid of rob andrenga!!!! is it just me or does he ALWAYS try to point out the faults of the Gophers and give praise to whoever they are playing?

Also he always tries to point out that every power play or goal are illegal somehow. He tried to point out that Rau's GW goal should not have been a goal since budish handpassed it even though he later admitted that it wasn't a handpass. I'm all for homerism at times, but c'mon Andrenga get a life!

He's a Wisconsin alum what do you expect? Bet he hated seeing that ending. What a loser.

the BTN will have to really up its game when the big ten adds hockey as a conference sport. tonight's call of the game was weak compared to the fsn game.

the BTN will have to really up its game when the big ten adds hockey as a conference sport. tonight's call of the game was weak compared to the fsn game.

I agree. The play-by-play, color, and sideline were subpar. B10 needs to hire some guys who can call the whole conference without being bias and this come from someone who can't stand Lapanta. Bring back Woz!

i know andrenga probably cringes everytime the U does something positive, but C'MON man be a professional for once in your life! BTN you have a lot of work to do before the BTHC begins! Try someone who is non biased like Mozzocco or Matvick (sarcasm lol)

It couldn't have been better. I for one loved both Wisconsin guys stumbin, fumblin, denying, and admitting the Gophers are pretty good. The oddest moment for me was the interview between periods with Strobel interviewing John Alt. Alt wearing a Gopher Hockey pullover got the Iowa PR in there and then talked about his son, Mark.

BTN needs to figure out some different camera angles. Every time the Gophers would score the whole goal area would be completely blocked when the fans stood up to cheer.

That would be the director. Whomever they have. In addition to the mid ice panoram shot, they have shots from behind each goals and with a zoom they are able to see the action. He was late switching to shot. No anticipation certainly. He used the replay from those carmeras as well as one on the goal line for the replay. So I would say the Big 10 production of Hockey has a long way to go.

BTN needs to figure out some different camera angles. Every time the Gophers would score the whole goal area would be completely blocked when the fans stood up to cheer.

This. How can the center ice angle used by BTN be so different from the angle used by FSN? Seems like a difficult thing to screw up.

Although, actually having a packed house for a change, they just might not be used to having somebody sitting below that camera....

From what I understand, BTN's main camera was in the same place that FSN has theirs. However, I guess BTN did not have it perched up high enough and that is why you'd see the back of somebody's head at times on Saturday. Hopefully they learned a lesson from it and do better next time.

As for the announcers, hopefully they will have a better group by the time the Big Ten Hockey Conference rolls around.

Top Bottom