Bryant Allen

TABinMO

Reaction score
See my thread in the BB forum for an article in the St. Louis, MO newspaper naming Bryant Allen (Gopher Footbal recruit) as the St Louis Metro BB player of the year

Question, if allen is redshirted in football but plays in basketball how does that work. Is he still a redshirt freshmen the following year in football and a sophmore in basketball? Or, the other way around, say he doesn't play basketball his first year, but plays the first four years in football does he still retain a year of eligibility in basketball?

There was an argument on this on the BB board awhile back. I don't think anybody on this board actually knows. I personally don't think he'll redshirt. He is going to be too valuable in the return game (I expect him to win the Punt Returner job) to have him redshirt.

The way that the situation would seem to me is that an athlete is granted 4 years of eligibility (5 counting a redshirt year), so if he were to play in one sport or the other then that would burn a year for whichever sport he did not play in. Although I agree with Grunkie that he is too valuable as an explosive playmaker and will play his freshman year.

The way that the situation would seem to me is that an athlete is granted 4 years of eligibility (5 counting a redshirt year), so if he were to play in one sport or the other then that would burn a year for whichever sport he did not play in. Although I agree with Grunkie that he is too valuable as an explosive playmaker and will play his freshman year.

Actually, he gets five years in EACH sport. I doesn't matter if he redshirts in one and not the other. The sports do not affect each other. I know that's the rule in Division II...unless it's different for D-1.

I know track athletes that are in a different year for indoor than they are for outdoor.

I heard he is a one and done for football. So it wouldn't matter anyway

Daddy is correct. He could play just 4 years of one of sport but yet play 5 on another(RS included).

Top Bottom