Bruce Weber to Oklahoma???

tjgopher

Reaction score
That's the word this morning.

If true, probably a good move for Weber. Illini fans are growing restless with him.

Bruce Pearl to Illinois?

He wouldn't even have to give up his orange blazer.

Bruce Pearl to Illinois?

If so:

fbf89244_hell-frozen-over.jpg

Bruce Pearl to Illinois?

He wouldn't even have to give up his orange blazer.

I know you're joking around and you may already know this as part of your joke but Illinois would be the last school that hires Bruce Pearl. Pearl is the one that ratted them out over some big recruiting violation years ago while he was an assistant at Iowa. There are some very harsh feeling in Champaign with the way Pearl handled that situation.

I see Pearl landing on his feet somewhere but I have a better chance at being named the next Illini coach than Bruce Pearl.

This is not surpising. He's getting out ahead of the posse. If he really wanted to stick it to Illinois he should see if he can get Missouri interested. Nice get for Oklahoma. I think Weber would be a good candidate here if Tubby had left, but Joel would never step on another B1G schools toes that way. Hopefully Illinois will give Joel the same consideration and we won't hear any 'Tubby to Illinois' rumors.

A record of 193-86 with a Big Ten conference record of 83-53 is Coach Bruce's tenure in Champaign......Looking at it from my Gopher fan eyes, wow that looks good!

Illinois has as much bball talent as any state in tbe BT. They won't settle for finesse teams that are competitive only when their jump shots are falling, and that is who they have become under Webber.

Illinois has as much bball talent as any state in tbe BT. They won't settle for finesse teams that are competitive only when their jump shots are falling, and that is who they have become under Webber.

Illinois basketball should be the top school in the Big Ten. They have the best recruiting base. They don't have the recruiting cache of North Carolina, Duke, or Kansas but they should be the equal of the UCLA's, Arizona, UConn, Texas, Florida, etc..

Illinois basketball should be the top school in the Big Ten. They have the best recruiting base. They don't have the recruiting cache of North Carolina, Duke, or Kansas but they should be the equal of the UCLA's, Arizona, UConn, Texas, Florida, etc..

You just answered your own question, it's not all about recruiting base. Think Arizona or UCONN have a great (or even good in the case of UCONN) recruiting base? Obviously not.

UCONN's recruiting base is NYC. In my opinion that rivals Chi town :) There may be more compitition for New York players than Chicago players but there are plenty to go around. Lute Olson made all of the country Arizona's recruiting base. They also owned California as well as they were consistently better than UCLA and USC when Lute was there (80's - 90's) with the exception of the O'bannon brother years.

Top Bottom