Bronson Koenig

GopherMike

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, Bronson Koenig's Aquinas Blugolds just one the Division 3 WI state title. Unbelievably, I only live a mile from the school and I hadn't seen him pay until this weekend. Bronson has some serious skills and he's only a sophomore. He will do well at the next level.

I know it's a longshot that Tubby will land him, but I guess that's OK as long as he gets Tyus Jones to sign on the dotted line. Getting Tyus is going to be huge for Tubby. He's pretty much a must get.

I went to watch the Lakeville South/Apple Valley game last night and there is no doubt Tyus is going to be a great college player. He absolutely took over the game for Apple Valley in the 2nd half. Not surprisingly, to me anyway, South pulled away by about 15-20 as it looked like they were running a layup drill against the Apple Valley press in the last 10 minutes of the game. It will be very interesting to me to see what happens when South plays EP in the first round Wednesday. South came through a tough section as the 4th seed (they were actually the 3rd seed, but conceded it to Apple Valley so they could play their crosstown rival, Lakeville North, in the first round) with top 7 teams Eastview and Eagan along with Apple Valley with Tyus and Schalk. I've only seen EP play once this year, early in the year against LN, but I think South will give EP all they want on Wednesday. I actually think South will pull the upset.

I watched Bronson today and while he is a good player we have little chance.I wouldn't waste my time unless he has very serious interest. I don't think he is in the same class as Harrison Barnes or even Marcus Paige..I would spend my time on Tynus Jones as much as possible the next three plus years.
Are there any juniors in state that we should be interested in?

Koenig has a strong UNC or Wisconsin lean. Most feel he is headed to UNC. He is good friends with Tokoto who just committed there. It would be quit the steal if Tubby got him.

You would think with junior Marcus Paige committed to North Carolina Koenig would go somewhere there wasn't an elite point guard one year ahead of him.

You would think with junior Marcus Paige committed to North Carolina Koenig would go somewhere there wasn't an elite point guard one year ahead of him.

One would think but the mystique and NBA pipeline of UNC is hard for kids to pass up. It is also a very good academic school for kids who care about that. It is one of a few schools I (as a Badger guy) cant fault in-state guys for choosing. I hope Paige being there scares him away but I doubt it b/c all the great wings at UNC or being recruited by them did not scare Tokoto.

Roy Boy can recruit anywhere but he has decided the midwest (Iowa and Wisconsin) are his territory too. I am guessing that stud point guard, is it Tyus?, will get his interest too

Tyus Jones has already had his attention last year when he was an 8th grader.

Top Bottom