Brohm's HS closed due to threat on Twitter

Even this seems a bit weird.

Wonder if some kid decided today was the day and he just decided to use that as an excuse?

All threats need to be taken seriously. But I suspect this is a social media issue and not a global social issue.

I am guessing somebody made a stupid joke and put it on the internet and now everyone has to take it seriously - which is the appropriate response.

It’s how twitter gives idiots voices so we can all hear them. Years ago a person would have made a ****ty joke and have no platform for others to hear.

All threats need to be taken seriously. But I suspect this is a social media issue and not a global social issue.

I am guessing somebody made a stupid joke and put it on the internet and now everyone has to take it seriously - which is the appropriate response.

It’s how twitter gives idiots voices so we can all hear them. Years ago a person would have made a ****ty joke and have no platform for others to hear.

I'm thinking it's both a social media and a larger societal problem, but I guess that's just me...

I'm thinking it's both a social media and a larger societal problem, but I guess that's just me...

I’m with you. There is clearly a societal problem. Maybe I’m naive in thinking people wouldn’t actually consider that because they didn’t get their way regarding a football coach hiring.

I’m with you. There is clearly a societal problem. Maybe I’m naive in thinking people wouldn’t actually consider that because they didn’t get their way regarding a football coach hiring.

I don't think it's naive at all because honestly, what you said is the way it should be. But based on what has occurred in recent months and years regarding school violence, there is no overlooking anything anymore because as we've seen time and again, some of these folks ARE serious.

You may well be correct that this was a one-off prank situation. Even in that case, it's a sick one-off prank. But as a society, we've come to a place where even a sick joke (if that's what this proves to be) has to be considered gravely serious because there's at least a reasonable chance that it could take place. It makes me weep for the next generation.

That's the thing. Could be a joke (admittedly in bad taste). Could be some kid who doesn't want to take a semester final in English Lit. Could be some kid who's off his meds, or just broke up with his girlfriend/boyfriend and is mad at the world.

but, no matter who or why, schools have to treat every incident as the real deal. Because, if it is the real deal, and they don't take every precaution, the horde of lawyers descend. A local school in my area was on lockdown before Thanksgiving because of a threat someone found on a bathroom wall. Brought in cops, dogs, searched the entire school, searched students and lockers, the whole 9 yards. found nothing. But they had to do it.

Top Bottom