Bringing infant to game?

GopherAlly

Reaction score
Quick question. Does anyone have any experience bringing your baby to a Gopher football game? Our baby girl is 14 months old. Do we need a ticket for her? She probably won't make it for more than a half. Just seems crazy to buy a ticket.

Thanks!

Ally

I think there is a Big Ten policy that requires a ticket for everyone regardless of age. Whether the guard will make you have one, different story.

From the GopherSports FAQ:
7. My children are coming to the game. Do they need tickets?
Children of all ages will need a ticket.

We never had to have a ticket when our kids were 2 and under - we brought them to both Gopher basketball and football games.

Go Gophers!!

Brought my little ones without tickets many times. Gate folks never bat an eye. Your child should be small enough that it's obvious she will be on your lap.

Thanks all. My concern is what Nate wrote. gophersports.com says that every person needs a ticket. For those that say that you've never had a problem, was this 20 years ago or was this over the last year or so?

Thx!

Well, you could call and ask them if you wanted the official answer. gophersports.com doesn't seem to have any information about if you need a ticket, except for saying that "children of all ages need a ticket" which makes it seem that a baby would need a ticket. I thought I read on there somewhere that under 2 could be on a lap a while back, but I can't find it now.

But we carried our 10-month old in without a ticket last week and I think that - like just about any other event/situation in the world - kids under 2 are free if they're kept on your lap. We plan on taking her again this week without a ticket. Most of the ticket takers don't really care (they're teens or young adults) and so I'd recommend just looking for a line with a particularly bored-looking teenager - they'd never stop you. If they do, go to a different gate. That's our plan anyway.

I've heard things have now changed. The "2 and under FREE with paying adult" days may be over. I believe I heard every PERSON needs a ticket now. I think you should probably call the ticket office and ask them to be safe. 612-624-8080

Thanks all. My concern is what Nate wrote. gophersports.com says that every person needs a ticket. For those that say that you've never had a problem, was this 20 years ago or was this over the last year or so?

Thx!

if this is a concern, just go to the game and if they won't let you in, just get one of the scalped tickets (won't be much more than you'll probably pay now anyways).

Thx!

My experiences were as recently as last year, when my daughter was 2. She's 3 now and we had a ticket for her this past Saturday, but this is the first year for that.

Go Gophers!!

Thx!
The couple that sits next to us at the game have 3 tickets, one each for them and also their 3-4 year old daughter. They brought their 10 month old last game with no issues. And plan to bring her again this game.

We also have friends with a 2 and 4 year old that have never needed a ticket, including last weekend.

Ok, again thanks. Facebook friends seem to have had different experiences as well. gophersports.com says that everyone needs a ticket and some people have needed one. Others have just walked right in. I'll go with the plan of walking right in. If that doesn't work, I'll give up my ticket while mom brings in baby and then go grab a cheap one on the street. For this upcoming game, probably won't cost more than $10-$20 anyway.

Again, thanks! It's the first Gopher game for our little girl!

I have done this plenty of time and I never need a ticket for my child since I am always had them sit on my lap. Since you are going to bring a diaper bag or something, they will need to check it out. Some security is pretty through other times not.

FYI- you may need to get a ticket at Ticket Office for your daughter. We were told at the first game this year we needed a ticket for our daughter (16 months old)....it was free but we just had to leave the line and go to the ticket office and get one. It really all depends on who takes your ticket at the gate in my opinion.

Our 1 year plus grandson has gone to three games, two this tear, no ticket required...I guess it depends.

I suggest if you want to remain anonymous on GopherHole that you don't post the exact same question on your FB wall as you do in the forum, J.A. ;)

- Love, your ol' Territorial acquaintance

One other idea see if there are any free single tickets left from Epilepsy Foundation.

I brought my nephew into a game at least twice, without issue. He is a senior at Iowa.

Oops. Sorry, I read the thread title the first time and thought it said "infantile"

thought this was a Souhan thread from the title...

FYI- you may need to get a ticket at Ticket Office for your daughter. We were told at the first game this year we needed a ticket for our daughter (16 months old)....it was free but we just had to leave the line and go to the ticket office and get one. It really all depends on who takes your ticket at the gate in my opinion.

We never were asked for a ticket for our daughter until last week for the first time. They also sent us to the ticket window where we got a free ticket. The ticket agent said everyone needed a ticket and they needed it for the numbers.

Part of our season ticket holder group is my friend and his wife. Their daughter was born a year ago, went to all games last year after she was born, and has gone to the two home games this year. The ticket takers have never asked for a ticket.

I love to see all the posts about GopherHolers bringing their kids to games. Hook 'em now while they are young, and they'll be Gopher fans for life! I'm bringing my newly U of M graduated 22 yr-old son to the game. Now that he can't get the cheap student tickets, he gets to sit with dad!

Bielema seems like he might be hard to carry and a little big for your lap.

Wow, I'm gonna have to get some extra booster seats for my "Free Candy" van. Sounds like a good market this weekend.

I brought my 18 month old to the game last week. Did not need a ticket. I was stopped by another guy with his daughter who appeared to be roughly the same age (definately under 2) during the 2nd quarter and he asked, "did you need a ticket for your daughter?" I laughed and said, "no, are you kidding?" He looked at me and said, "really?" we had to have a ticket for our daughter. He then walked away and said, "somebody is going to hear about this next week." So, based on this thread and my experience it seems as if whatever the policy is, it is not being followed.

I've brought my son (under the age of 1) to 2 games so far, one last year and the game last week. We haven't needed a ticket either time so it sounds like it may be the luck of the draw.

I just brought my 14 month old daughter to the game last week. We didn't need a ticket for her. They did hassle my wife and I some because we didn't have a "diaper bag" but instead had a backpack. They said normally they wouldn't let the backpack in, but they did this time. We were with another couple who brought their 6 month old. They also didn't need a ticket.

Have fun.

Top Bottom