Bring on the positivity Gopher fans!

Tater

f.k.a. "Tubtastic"
Reaction score
Sad to see all the negativity on the 'Hole after a win against a respectable team during a week in which we were essentially missing our head coach.

If you're not part of the solution (to all the board negativity) you're part of the problem, right?

Here's my thread: Say three good thing for every bad comment. Here's mine:
Still rough going for the running backs, but congrats to Gray on his best game yet (improving), better pass rush/QB pressure, and nice job on special teams.

Great way to end the game today.
Go Gophers!
Suck it Trolls!

We weren't going to beat Nebraska the way we played today, but guess what...we didn't play Nebraska today!! A win over a solid team today. Yes, a win we should have at home as a BT team, but it certainly wasn't a gimmie.

A week ago tonight I never would have thought we'd beat Miami (Ohio) today - but we definitely got better this week. Our O-line looked better than we did last week, we actually recorded a real sack!, and Gray looks more confident than he did last week.

Not to mention we also made a big time special teams play!!

On to the Fighting Sioux!

Go Gophers!!

Hey, I'll take a win. I decided after last week's game that I'm never going to go into a game expecting an easy win again. Miami is a good team and we won. Was it a perfect game? Heck no, but I'll take the progress that I saw in the new staff's 3rd game.

Great progress. Gray is now the qb. Good blitz pressure, special teams. Need to fix pass defense. Go Gophers!

Moulton looks really good. Gray looked like he had confidence today. Special teams looked great. Kudos on the blocked punt. Placekicking game still looks like a work in progress.

1. Stability- Coach out most of the week and the staff is business as usual.
2. Punting and Punt Block. Kill's teams have had this as a signature and it showed today again.
3. Strides are being made across the board and the foundation is being laid.

God, how pathetic are your standards?

My standards aren't pathetic, and please don't call me God.

I didn't say I didn't expect us to normally beat these guys or that we shouldn't beat these guys. I meant that after watching how pathetic we played last week, it's hard to imagine we could beat anyone if we didn't beat the worst team in the nation.

Go Gophers!!

God, how pathetic are your standards?

And FireCosgroveGuy is the first loser in this thread to not say anything positive. Good job.

Here are mine:
1. Gray did not look tentative running the ball.
2. Both the D Line and O Line looked improved.
3. The players dug deep to secure that 1st W.

I was really pissed last week after the Gophers lost to that terrible team but they looked way better today against a good team...and they won! Hell yeah it was a good game!!!!!!
I hope Gray runs for 170+ yards every game.
Oh, and 3rd/4th and short? Maybe not a bad idea to give the ball to your best player, whodathunkit?

On to the fighting Sioux? The next game is against the Bison.

We weren't going to beat Nebraska the way we played today, but guess what...we didn't play Nebraska today!! A win over a solid team today. Yes, a win we should have at home as a BT team, but it certainly wasn't a gimmie.

A week ago tonight I never would have thought we'd beat Miami (Ohio) today - but we definitely got better this week. Our O-line looked better than we did last week, we actually recorded a real sack!, and Gray looks more confident than he did last week.

Not to mention we also made a big time special teams play!!

On to the Fighting Sioux!

Go Gophers!!

1. Lost in all the shuffle is Kill's emphasis and past success on special teams, especially regarding punt blocks. That block and score was awesome to see. That could win us another game or two this year.
2. Gray was a machine. His assertive running was a thing of beauty to watch today. Way to go Q!
3. Kirkwood is a bowling ball. I love this kid.

I believe this game will be a big confidence builder for the boys. Bring on NDSU!

1. Big special teams play
2. Converted a few short yardage situations w Gray up the middle
3. Did not succumb to the classic Gopher last minute loss - made the play needed at the end to preserve the W

Great stuff.
I forgot about Moulton and Kirkwood. Good stuff today. Also, get it to Lair - he's a stud.

Top Bottom