Bring back Glen Mason!

Letsgogophers

Reaction score
He should have never been fired. Mason is gold compared to Brewster, let's get on hands and knees and beg him to come back. Wake up people.

facepalm.jpg

He should have never been fired. Mason is gold compared to Brewster, let's get on hands and knees and beg him to come back. Wake up people.

lost 38-7 lead to Texas Tech
lost 21 point leads to Northwestern and Michigan
lost a 24-0 lead to NC State
his 10 win team was down 40-6 in the third quarter at Iowa
lost his last 7 trips to Iowa and Wisconsin by an average of 24 points
42-17 at Cal, 44-0 at Ohio State
lost to an 0-4 Indiana team
gave up 51 points to a 3 win Indiana team a week after beating Ohio State
tried a 50 yard field goal into the wind at Wisconsin just before halftime. Badgers scored a td right before halftime
lost a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to play against Wisconsin
called the students a bunch of drunks
32-48 career Big Ten record
in 20 years as a head coach has NEVER won a conference title
his coaching resume landed him a gig with Marquette Bank

tried a 50 yard field goal into the wind at Wisconsin just before halftime. Badgers scored a td right before halftime

This. Look, it's obvious Brew isn't the man and won't be here much longer. But to ask about bringing back Mason? The stupidest thing I've seen yet on these boards. You are a MORON to ask for Mase back.

I don't want Mason back but I'll take all of that then getting owned by FCS Schools on a regular basis...

In case everyone who has already posted in this thread has not clarified this for you

Hiring Brewster = bad
Firing Mason = good.

We made a good move, and followed it up with a bad move. When we fire Brewster, we will be making a good move and need to follow it up with a good move.

The Masonites will say since Brewster is struggling that proves we should have stuck with Mase. Brewster struggling proved he was the wrong hire. It was time for a change after Mase but Brewster was the wrong guy. We need to look for someone else but Mase is the last guy on the planet I'd hire after Brewster is fired.

Mason was and is a total ass. Laziest head FBS coach in the country.

This is a really good idea...

0.jpg

Unbelievable. Its posts like these that make me actually wish for the 'Hire Tony Dungy' posts from the mouthbreathers.

Letsgogophers - If you honestly want Mason back, then you clearly didn't follow his career at Minnesota. Set your sights a bit higher on who our next coach may be.

This would never happen but it makes you wonder, what would Mason's recruiting have been like with the new stadium. What difference has it made from a recuiting standpoint for Brewster.

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Yes, I know he won't be back, but he was twice the coach that Brew is and was fired for that. Now getting a decent coach the calibur of Mason won't be easy. Closest available would be Dan McCarney, DC of Florida.

Your an Idiot, Your an idiot, your an idiot, your an idiot Your an Idiot, Your an idiot, your an idiot, your an idiot Your an Idiot, Your an idiot, your an idiot, your an idiot Your an Idiot, Your an idiot, your an idiot, your an idiot Your an Idiot, Your an idiot, your an idiot, your an idiot Your an Idiot, Your an idiot, your an idiot, your an idiot Your an Idiot, Your an idiot, your an idiot, your an idiot.

Mason was an idiot and since your wishing that average joe was back here selling his crest toothpast and not giving a crap...That makes you an Idiot as well, a long with everyone else who wants this joker back or wishes he was back.

People need to forget about him, he is done, he sucks, and we fired him for a reason. We all will forget about brew with the next new hire, stop living in the past. Havent you ever wondered why he hasnt coached since he was fired from Minnesota? ITS BECAUSE HE SUCKS!!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

it's you're, not your-I am a stickler for reasonably correct grammar-that said, I agree completely! Cutting mase lose was the right move. Ditto for brew.

That dead horse has sailed. I figured a mixed metaphor was appropriate.The mistake some make is to assume that there were only two possibilities, Mason or Brewster. Just because Brewster didn't work out doesn't mean that firing Mason was the mistake.

The team was in decline in 2006. The pipeline of good running backs dried up. Besides, even if Mason did come back, we have BCS teams on the schedule for the foreseeable future, we won't be able to get back the all creampuff schedule. And his defenses were terrible. Mason is out of coaching.

This would never happen but it makes you wonder, what would Mason's recruiting have been like with the new stadium. What difference has it made from a recuiting standpoint for Brewster.

If you don't work at recruiting--which Mason never did--the enterprise would have likely been the same.

Top Bottom