Brian Murphy: Gophers AD Mark Coyle emerges from the mess

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Murphy:

Shortly after firing Tracy Claeys on Tuesday, Coyle was scorned by Claeys sympathizers. Aw-shucks Jerry Kill even vowed never to step foot into TCF Bank Stadium again because his close friend was purged in a cultural housecleaning.

Coyle pivoted quickly from the fallout. He identified his savior and reeled in Fleck with clinical precision that betrayed the AD more as a shark stalking his prey than the clumsy bureaucrat in way over his head.

By Thursday night, a five-year, $18.5 million deal was struck.

Coyle mangled his reasoning for the suspensions before the Holiday Bowl when grilled by the naïve players, whose unfulfilled demands for clarity sowed mistrust and inflamed passions which spawned their bungled boycott.

But Claeys should have been the adult in the room.

Coyle evidently is.

He should step out more often.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/06/brian-murphy-gophers-ad-mark-coyle-emerges-from-the-mess/

Go Gophers!!

He sould step out more often from under Kaler's desk? It's obvious that is where he spends most of his time.
I know I will not be missed, but this alum has attended his last Gopher event on campus. I will continue to root from afar for continued success for my Gopher teams but I will not support this administration with my dollars.

Very good article. This guy gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom