Brian Bennett: "I expect Jerry Kill to build a really solid program at Minnesota"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Brian Bennett: "I expect Jerry Kill to build a really solid program at Minnesota"

per ESPN's Big Ten blog:

Aaron from Cottage Grove, Minn., writes: The way I see it, two lower-tier Big Ten teams took modest steps up last season (Minnesota and Indiana), and three upper-tier teams took steps back as well (Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State). In your opinion, which "rising" program has the best chance of continuing to rise for the foreseeable future, and which team that had an off year is at the most risk of continuing to fall? For the record, my picks are Minnesota and Iowa, though I might be biased.

Brian Bennett: I see little fault with your logic. I expect Jerry Kill to build a really solid program at Minnesota; the question, of course, is just how high that program can climb and whether it can become a legitimate Big Ten title contender. Iowa has lost a lot of momentum and needs to get things turned around quickly, or else the Hawkeyes could risk losing even more ground in recruiting. I don't know where Northwestern fits in your definition of lower or upper tiers, but that's another program I see as continuing to rise, given its strong recruiting efforts and forthcoming facility upgrade.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/79720/big-ten-monday-mailbag-20

Go Gophers!!

Wow. Brian Bennett with a little love. I can hardly believe it!

i can, ever since he was lambasted for wanting to get rid of the Axe rivalry game he has been sniffin our jock. Dont get me wrong love the exposure and I definitely think he is right.

Top Bottom