I hope I'm happy at 3pm Sat! :)

GM

Anyone go or listen to it?

Any nuggets of information to share?

I hope I'm happy at 3pm Sat! :)

GM

I was there Wed.
Kinda basic info, rehashing MSU game.
As far as ILL, they need to start fast, they worked with refs at practice this week to help eliminate "self inflicted wounds"
Brewster mentioned how much of an emotional lift the vicory walk can be and wanted everyone there at 9 AM.
Jeff Tow Arnett is an impressive young man, very mature, seemed to take everything in stride.
I think he's got a long way to go before his leg heals, plates and screws are still in. He's a smart kid, business marketing degree. Talked about his recruitment and walking on with Nick, basically he went to a summer camp, impressed, got a walk on offer, Nick came with to his official visit and caught the coaches eye, they both walked on, the oldest brother came later and made the team. Very cool story, I would hope any aspiring gopher would do well to take the same route, get to those camps and work hard.
Overall, not as much spark in Brew this week, last week he just glowed with energy, alot more laid back, but still excited as usual. I think we'll see a smarter, more precise attack this week, more disciplined on D, containing the IL offense, and a very calculated attack on O.
Sensor's Brewster show is always a good time, I would recommend it to any gopher fan.
Victory walk 9AM!!!!!

Watched Brew's "Gopher Football Show" on BTN and was impressed that he does seem grounded in reality...especially by his comment that the Gs will need the same MSU-type prep and execution in order to defeat the Illini plus a big reduction in penalties.

Encouraging to see that he's continuing to keep his foot aggressively on the pedal for this one.

Watched Brew's "Gopher Football Show" on BTN and was impressed that he does seem grounded in reality...especially by his comment that the Gs will need the same MSU-type prep and execution in order to defeat the Illini plus a big reduction in penalties.

Encouraging to see that he's continuing to keep his foot aggressively on the pedal for this one.

Yeah I think last week was a much more emotional game/week for the team than most of us realize.
Alot of frustrations to get out, alot of expectations, with Decker out a sense of a fallen leader, I think the preparation for the week was fueled by emotion, and that's the type of game they played.
Whether or not you like Brewster's style, I think it's clear he has some pretty powerful emotional motivation tactics.

Yeah I think last week was a much more emotional game/week for the team than most of us realize.
Alot of frustrations to get out, alot of expectations, with Decker out a sense of a fallen leader, I think the preparation for the week was fueled by emotion, and that's the type of game they played.
Whether or not you like Brewster's style, I think it's clear he has some pretty powerful emotional motivation tactics.

Brew frequently says that fb is a "highly emotional game"...in the motivational area at the collegiate level, he's a very savvy coach that knows how to push those buttons in an appropriate, very positive way to get the most out of his talent.

You can replay it anytime on WCCOradio.com. Go to audio. Then at the bottom, other shows, or something. It takes you to archived stuff.

New England Gold

You have to give Coach Brewster high grades for motivating the team.
I do not think I have ever seen this team listless and unmotivated or
coming out of the gate flat.

Also, you had to know the coaching staff was going to work on cutting
down on the penalties. I am still amazed that were able to overcome 150
free yards -- that's like 2-3 turnovers. It's a very fortunate team that can
learn from its mistakes and still come out of there with a win! The unfortunate
ones have to learn from a painful loss!

Very excited for this game - should be a good one and really hoping for another
great game from Weber.

You have to give Coach Brewster high grades for motivating the team.
I do not think I have ever seen this team listless and unmotivated or
coming out of the gate flat.

Also, you had to know the coaching staff was going to work on cutting
down on the penalties. I am still amazed that were able to overcome 150
free yards -- that's like 2-3 turnovers. It's a very fortunate team that can
learn from its mistakes and still come out of there with a win! The unfortunate
ones have to learn from a painful loss!

Very excited for this game - should be a good one and really hoping for another
great game from Weber.

+1

Thanks...good tip. I found it.

Also the sports huddle was there....man I haven't heard Sid in a while. Not sure if he was sick...but his voice sounded very very frail.

Go Gophers!

GM

Thanks...good tip. I found it.

Also the sports huddle was there....man I haven't heard Sid in a while. Not sure if he was sick...but his voice sounded very very frail.

Go Gophers!

GM

Yeah, I used to never miss, but then I realized that I can miss and listen later. Now I just listen before Saturday.

Top Bottom