Brewster upset about Roof

Reaction score
nm

See Bleed's thread. Anybody know if it's possible to delete a thread?

What Ever

Hopefully Brewster will remember this if and when he gets offered a gig for more $. Also, Sid thinks that GA Tech is Auburn's SEC rival except they play in the ACC, but he's old so it can slide.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/37245599.html?page=2&c=y

Roof's decision was unexpected, but he got an offer to become the defensive coordinator at Auburn. Roof's reported salary of $500,000 is a $150,000 raise. He also is an alumnus of Georgia Tech, Auburn's Southeastern Conference rival.

Gophers coach Tim Brewster was very upset about Roof's departure.

"It's not all about money," Brewster said. "He came here for one year and then leaves. It's unfair to the other coaches, and especially the kids."

Maturi said Roof was the highest-paid defensive coordinator in the Big Ten.

Brewster is a guy that loves to see people exceed and so the notion that he "was very upset" is a load of crap. From now on if you are going to use the Stink Tribune as your source of information please keep it on your Iowa board Franken.

Pretty interesting stuff........there are a lot of things going on right now behind the scenes....

Pretty interesting stuff........there are a lot of things going on right now behind the scenes....

Alot of it shady, Brewster gets caught in a lie over the OC job with Jim Chaney, denies it still and says "we still have a coordinator and that is not how you do business." Then he says that Dunbar resigns to pursue other opportunities and then announces even though he resigned we will continue to pay him until he finds a new job.

Alot of it shady, Brewster gets caught in a lie over the OC job with Jim Chaney, denies it still and says "we still have a coordinator and that is not how you do business." Then he says that Dunbar resigns to pursue other opportunities and then announces even though he resigned we will continue to pay him until he finds a new job.

What was Brewster supposed to do? Say that he's going after other OC's while Dunbar is still on staff? This stuff happens all the time. He had to lie about it.

I agree.

He could have said no comment.

But I don't worry about stuff like this. As other's have said what was he supposed to say.

Those that put stock in this are just reaching and trying to look to catch him messing up.

I don't like the Roof departure either....but the Dunbar thing has been in the works.

I'm just happy Brewster is taking steps to fix something on O.

GM

Top Bottom