Brewster to interview Todd Fitch, East Carolina OC on Saturday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib blog:

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs.../?location_refer=Homepage:PromoScroller:Blogs

Another day, another name
Posted on January 16th, 2009 – 4:44 PM
By Kent Youngblood
East Carolina QB coach and offensive coordinator Todd Fitch will be in town Saturday to interview for the Gophers offensive coordinator job.

Fitch, 44, is an Ohio native who has worked with head coach has been ECU’s offensive coordinator for two seasons. The 2008 season was the 11th Fitch has worked with head coach Skip Holtz, with stops at South Carolina, Connecticut and East Carolina.

His ECU offense broke a pair of school records for most points (403) and touchdowns (52) in 2007.

Before coming to ECU Fitch was quarterbacks coach for three seasons at Iowa State, where he coached Bret Meyer.

The graduate of Ohio Wesleyan, Fitch’s career started at his alma mater and also included stops a Colorado State and Connecticut.

There might be one more interview after Fitch before Brewster ultimately announces his decision Monday.

Go Gophers!!

per STrib blog:

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs.../?location_refer=Homepage:PromoScroller:Blogs

Another day, another name
Posted on January 16th, 2009 – 4:44 PM
By Kent Youngblood
East Carolina QB coach and offensive coordinator Todd Fitch will be in town Saturday to interview for the Gophers offensive coordinator job.

Fitch, 44, is an Ohio native who has worked with head coach has been ECU’s offensive coordinator for two seasons. The 2008 season was the 11th Fitch has worked with head coach Skip Holtz, with stops at South Carolina, Connecticut and East Carolina.

His ECU offense broke a pair of school records for most points (403) and touchdowns (52) in 2007.

Before coming to ECU Fitch was quarterbacks coach for three seasons at Iowa State, where he coached Bret Meyer.

The graduate of Ohio Wesleyan, Fitch’s career started at his alma mater and also included stops a Colorado State and Connecticut.

There might be one more interview after Fitch before Brewster ultimately announces his decision Monday.

Go Gophers!!

This is just the kind of guy we need, but he will probably view it as a stepping stone as he did ECU.

I could get behind that hire. I must say I've been impressed with the last 2 names I've seen (Fitch & Brewer), while not "killer shots" still very impressive.

what's his story? how is he at recruiting? i know brew likes recruiters but if we cant land applewhite or huepul i think i personally would rather have brewer.

I would also prefer Brewer if no Applewhite or Heupel.

Top Bottom