Brewster Radio show last night, great time

Ole

Reaction score
For those that haven't gone, it's a pretty good time, last night was probably the best I've been to in 2 years, some great inside insight, guests, etc.

-Bobby Bell showed up, had an absolutely shining review for Brewster, says he really never felt like being around the program during the metrodome years, now he likes to show up and interact with the players.
-Simoni Lawrence was the guest, really a happy go lucky guy, smiles constantly, he will be graduating in May with a communications degree(assuming NFL will figure in here though), would like to do TV media. He was laughing and BSing with Bobby Bell, they had some sort of inside joke with a coin or something, pretty cool to see the interaction between legendary and current gophers.
-Coach Lewis was he guest coach, was asked about managing families with a high stress, long hour job like coaching, Brew said he sleeps 4 hours a night,but apparently makes all the coaches come in late on Thurs and tells them to take their kids to school that day. He said he encourages the coaches families to come to Bierman and have lunch or hang out with their husbands and dads during the day, He said it sets a good example for the coaches to have strong successful families to show the players that it is possible to be in football and still have a life. Coach Lewis said he leaves work at work, opens a bottle of red wine with the wife every once in awhile.

-The best was Sid showed up, front and center, Mike Max kept eating Sid's nachos, Sid said he broke more NCAA rules for Bobby Bell than anyone in his career, bought him food, gave him money, let him stay with him, funny how things have changed. He called Bell, the greatest Gopher of all time. Said if he Brew had Bell on Sat, guaranteed 3TD win. Brew didn't disagree.

-No moping or major talk about the Wisky game, I think there has been a big effort to move on to Purdue.
-Somewhat addressed the player off field stuff, said his players aren't perfect,but that they try to be perfect. but overall he's proud of how they have represented the U off the field. Pretty Generic, but good to know he's admitting some guys have screwed up.

I've got to say, say whatever you want about Coach Brew, but if you take him at his word, then he's doing things the right way. Recruiting, developing character, creating a family atmosphere in the program, exciting the fan base, emphasizing acedemics, the whole deal.

I'm pretty happy with the program. Hopefully it'll start paying off with on field results in the next couple of years so we can have him here for a few more years.

Was there a lot of Husker fans there yesterday? I usually go, but didn't go yesterday, because Sensers is a huge Husker bar.

Was there a lot of Husker fans there yesterday? I usually go, but didn't go yesterday, because Sensers is a huge Husker bar.

yeah actually I was wondering about that, alot of cheers late in the game.

Agree...Brew & Staff seem to be on track to make some big things happen for GN over the next 2-3 yrs.

The Gopher Faithful must be patient and supportive. Brewster has done so many positive things around here. We must build him up and counter all the doom and gloom when each game doesn't go the way we want. Can you imagine the price we would pay to have to bring in a new coaching staff? Cross, Lewis, Hammock, etc. coaches recruits rave about would be gone and a large number of players/recruits would leave with them. This is the U's best chance to move up in the football world. We need to be outspoken supporters of the Brewster team.

Not many expect the Gophers to finish in the top 3 or 4 this Fall. But what many do expect is to see is continuity of staff. Brewster must stop the staff turnover. Another year of changing DC or OC will result in many negatives to the program and could put his tenure in jeapodary as well.

Another area that must be controlled is public behaviour of the players and poor performance in the classroom. The GN will come down on Brewster if more of this pops up.

Coach Brewster is doing a great job in bringing in a new attitude and the next two years will be very interesting.

After the Purdue win it will be Outback Bowl this and Insight Bowl that. Snow tomorrow and Dr Mcillcuddy in hand.

I'm ALL IN for coach Brewster. I'd run through a brick wall for him, and if I did I'm old enough now that I'd break every bone in the old body. He's not a native son, but he does an incredible job of developing pride in the state and program. He's EXACTLY what this program needs. Let's show a little frickin patience and don't give me that 40+ years BS about losing. I've been a fan since the mid sixties. The 40 year BS at this point is just sour grapes. We need to stop looking back and whining about it. We need to get thicker skins around here, be men about it, take a few hits, but truly start believing. This isn't going to be easy but if we really want it to happen, we have to start being more supportive, or we'll be the ones to kill this program.

This program is no where near what it was when he took over. Not even close. The cupboard was bare folks. NDSU fullbacks outrunning our entire secondary to the end zone? Bare cupboard. But you have to go to the games to really see team speed. Lack of team speed is not always so obvious on TV. In person, it was crystal clear.

I'm ALL IN for coach Brewster. I'd run through a brick wall for him, and if I did I'm old enough now that I'd break every bone in the old body. He's not a native son, but he does an incredible job of developing pride in the state and program. He's EXACTLY what this program needs. Let's show a little frickin patience and don't give me that 40+ years BS about losing. I've been a fan since the mid sixties. The 40 year BS at this point is just sour grapes. We need to stop looking back and whining about it. We need to get thicker skins around here, be men about it, take a few hits, but truly start believing. This isn't going to be easy but if we really want it to happen, we have to start being more supportive, or we'll be the ones to kill this program.

This program is no where near what it was when he took over. Not even close. The cupboard was bare folks. NDSU fullbacks outrunning our entire secondary to the end zone? Bare cupboard. But you have to go to the games to really see team speed. Lack of team speed is not always so obvious on TV. In person, it was crystal clear.

And be women about it, too. :D Nice post.

What he said!

:rockon::rockon::drink:

On one hand I've heard I've Bobby Bell say a number of times how much he thinks Brewster is the guy and on the other hand thaileagle and Art V. think Brewster should be run out on a rail...

I'll go with Mr. Bell !:clap:

Top Bottom