Brewster previews Spring game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from the STrib:

The Gophers had their final full-pads practice before Saturday’s spring game at the University of St. Thomas; the players will practice without pads Thursday.

Tuesday head coach Tim Brewster talked a bit about what he wanted to see in Saturday’s spring game, which will have four 12-minute, running-time quarters.

”We want to go out and put on a nice performance for our fans,” he said. ”We want to finish (Spring ball) the right way. I want our kids to play well, I want them to perform. Quite honestly, it will be scaled back from what we put in this spring.”

Why? He wants his players reacting rather than thinking. So much of what you’ll see will be basic stuff. One key for Brewster is to show the strides he feels the team has made in the running game.

”That’s a big thing,” he said. ”We want to have a physical presence in the running game,” Brewster said. ”What you also want to get out of the spring game is to see how improved your young guys are, guys like Keenan Cooper, Spencer Reeves, Brandon Kirksey and Tim Dandridge. You want to see how they’ve come along, and how they play in front of a crowd.”

A couple other things: Da’Jon McKnight is still feeling the effects of a hard hit by Tim Royston in last weekend’s scrimmage. Everybody I talk to is raving about Royston. And I’m talking both coaches and players.

Another guy people have been impressed with is Jon Hoese, who is now the team’s No. 1 fullback. This afternoon offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch raved about how good a job he did of keeping his pads low and getting on linebackers. He has also proved to be an adept receiver out of the backfield.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs.../?location_refer=Homepage:PromoScroller:Blogs

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for that. =)

Also, do we have a No. 2 fullback? Tow-Arnett?

Top Bottom